It isn’t the early 2000s anymore. There is no excuse for having a poor design on your website. Web designers are more talented than ever before, and it’s easy to differentiate between quality and poor quality businesses. Because, believe it or not, consumers actually believe that your business’s quality correlates directly to your website’s quality.
To put it bluntly, your website’s design can make or break your ability to close new business. Whether you’re a roofer, dentist, IT consultant, pharmacy, home builder, or whatever, the quality of your website matters. Simply put, less and less people will take your company seriously if your website is outdated, full of grammar mistakes, poorly developed, and not designed to be modern and user-friendly.
- If you don’t adapt to the times, your company is guaranteed to die.
- If you invest the time, effort, and money to get a powerfully designed website – you’ll experience better employee retention and an increase in sales leads and closing percentage for your salespeople.
- But the most important aspect related to these ‘web design statistics for 2022′ is – ‘Are you proud of your website’s design, and the level of quality that it indicates about your companies services?’
New Website Design +. Marketing Statistics for 2022:
- Traffic is up! The US saw its web traffic skyrocket 22% in 2020, with daily online time spent on mobile phones soaring to 155 minutes.
- Mobile is huge now: In the first quarter of 2021, mobile devices generated 54.8 percent of global website traffic.
- The industry is growing – In 2020, the total number of web developers and designers in the United States was around 178,900. By 2030, this number is projected to reach over 205,000.
- Web Design jobs are increasing! Employment of web developers and digital designers is projected to grow 8 percent from 2019 to 2029, much faster than the average for all occupations.
- The web design services market is estimated to be worth $40.8 billion in the US in 2021.
- Total Google Searches per day: There are 5.6 billion Google searches per day
- Google searches per year: Their are approximately 2 trillion global searches per year
- Page speed is crucial – In a study commissioned by Google and conducted by 55 and Deloitte, decreasing mobile site load times by just one tenth of a second resulted in major increases in conversion rates — specifically, 8.4% for retail sites and 10.1% for travel sites. (Deloitte, 2019)
- Responsive is a non-negotiable now – 73.1% of web designers believe that a non-responsive design is a top reason why visitors leave a website. (GoodFirms, 2021)
Why did we provide this study? We serve contractors and home service companies with marketing + web design! Check out our blog posts about Plumbing Leads, Electrician Leads, Roofing Leads, HVAC Leads, Construction Leads, Remodeling Leads and our Plumbing SEO, Electrician SEO, Roofing SEO, Contractor SEO, Remodeling SEO, and HVAC SEO services!
General Statistics to give context as of 2022:
- Active websites – 1.5 billion
- Global population – 7.8 billion
- Unique internet users – 4.54 billion
- Active social media users – 4.14 billion
- Google searches per day – 3.5 billion
Web Statistics in 2022:
- 38 percent of visitors will stop engaging with a website if the content or layout is unattractive. (Blue Corona)
- 48 percent of people cited that a website’s design is the No. 1 factor in determining a business’s credibility. (Blue Corona)
- 89 percent of consumers shop with competition after a poor user experience. (Web FX)
- Increasing your website loading speed can prevent the loss of 7 percent of possible conversions. (infront webworks)
- Only 22% of marketers say they’re ahead of the curve when it comes to responsive design. 29% say they have an “average” experience level, 23% say they’re behind the times, and 4% say they’re hopeless. (Source: eMarketer)
- 69% of North American marketers say dynamic, personalized content is important for their website. Only 5% say it’s of low importance. (Source: Marketing Charts)
- 47% of people expect a web page to load in two seconds or less. (Web FX)
- An increase in site loading speed from 8 to 2 seconds can boost your visitors’ conversion rate to customers by 74 percent. (BP Studios)
- 48 percent of users say that if a business’ website is not mobile-friendly, they’ll take it as an indication that the business simply doesn’t care. (SAG IPL)
- 82 percent of consumers feel more positive about a company after reading custom content. (BP Studios)
- Given 15 minutes to consume content, two-thirds of people would rather read something beautifully designed than something plain. (Source: Adobe)
- 88% of online consumers are less likely to return to a site after a bad experience. (Web FX)
- 39% of people will stop engaging with a website if images won’t load or take too long to load. (Source: Adobe)
- 51% of people think “thorough contact information” is the most important element missing from many company websites. (Source: KoMarketing)
- 38% of people will stop engaging with a website if the content/layout is unattractive. (Source: Adobe)
- 44% of website visitors will leave a company’s website if there’s no contact information or phone number. (Source: KoMarketing)
- Mobile devices now account for nearly 2 of every 3 minutes spent online. (Source: comScore)
- While 78% of marketers reported that website optimization results at least somewhat drove their broader marketing campaigns, only 47% of marketers indicated that their web design or product development actually changed as a result of optimization lessons. (Source: MarketingSherpa)
- More than 9 out of 10 respondents (95%) agreed with the statement that “good user experience just makes sense.” (Source: Econsultancy)
- 40% of smartphone and tablet owners search for B2B products on those devices. (Source: KoMarketing)
- 47% of website visitors check out a company’s products/services page before looking at any other site sections. (Source: KoMarketing)
- Once on a company’s homepage, 86% of visitors want to see information about that company’s products/services. (Source: KoMarketing)
- Once on a company’s homepage, 64% of visitors want to see the company’s contact information. (Source: KoMarketing)
- 90% of people use multiple screens sequentially. (Source: uberflip)
- Once on a company’s homepage, 52% of visitors want to see “about us” information. (Source: KoMarketing)
- After reaching a company’s website via a referral site, 50% of visitors will use the navigation menu to orient themselves. (Source: KoMarketing)
- After reaching a company’s website via a referral site, 36% of visitors will click on the company’s logo to reach the homepage. (Source: KoMarketing)
- Over 80% of marketers consider increasing overall conversion a dominant priority for their website optimization programs. (Source: MarketingSherpa)
- 78% of client-side respondents stated that their company was extremely or quite committed to delivering the best online user experience. (Source: Econsultancy)
- 70% of marketers resoundingly reported they are using website optimization lessons to inform offline campaigns and other marketing communications. (Source: MarketingSherpa)
The market for web design is changing:
- Number of web developers in the US in 2020 – 23 million
- Losses per year due to a slow-loading website – $2.6 billion
- Percentage of design-related first impressions on a website – 94%
- Time a user need to form an opinion of a website – 0.5 seconds
- Share of mobile in the global e-commerce revenue – 50%
- How many users will continue shopping because of great UX – 90%