If you’re in the high-end construction and remodeling industry then you’re probably looking to target a specific niche. You need more remodeling leads if you’re going to grow your business. Learning how to properly target a specific audience is one of the best ways to establish a good niche for your business.
We’re here to help you do just that. As a hard-working digital marketing agency, Hook is here to help you create a digital marketing and SEO strategy that effectively targets your niche audience. You need more leads, and you’ve come to the right place.
In this article, we’re going to break down some of the different strategies that any and every construction company should be implementing in order to get more leads daily.
Table of Contents
High-End Remodeling Leads with SEO and Web Design
The first place you want to look for leads is in your long term marketing efforts. Any company that wants to outlast their competition and become a premier service provider is going to need to focus in on their long term marketing. The most important place to look at is your online presence and digital marketing efforts. Have you invested in a top-notch, high-quality, high-end website that gives your customers the confidence to buy from you and use your service?
Create a High-Quality and SEO-Friendly Web Presence
An SEO-friendly website is of utmost importance. But, that doesn’t mean that your site can’t look stunning as well. Here are a few of the elements that you’ll want to include in order to make sure that your website is SEO-friendly and that it’s going to attract more leads.
- LOTS of content! – Write 500-700+ meaningful words on each page. Google loves websites that are full of content.
- Headings that double as keyword-rich titles. – You’ll want to be sure that you’re using keywords specific to your industry throughout all of the headings on your site.
- Space for linking in the footer. – Offering links in the footer throughout your site is a great way to offer more resources and more inbound links.
- Inter-linking systems and navigation as well as content silos. – Develop hubs on your site that link out to different pages or services that you provide. This helps Google see you as a subject matter expert.
- Offer intention blog pages and editorial type pages. – These pages help to increase users’ time on site which will ultimately boost your site’s visibility.
- Optimize your site for mobile. – Almost 90% of internet users access the internet on their phones.
If you’re able to implement these tips on your site you’ll see better website results from day one.
What is SEO?
If you haven’t heard of or done any reading on or about SEO then you’re probably wondering what all the website optimization stuff even means. A simple definition of SEO or Search Engine Optimization is the practice of making your website or web presence more searchable on Google and other search engines. This is done through keyword targeting, regular content releases, and link building. SEO along with web design work to bring you leads long term. You can reap the benefits of SEO more in 5 years than you might in the first 6-12 months.
Keys to a good SEO strategy:
- Correctly set up your websites URLs.
- Build location and service-based landing pages.
- Develop a keyword strategy for an SEO blog.
- Consistently release fresh content in an effort to become an industry leader in your area.
PPC or Pay-Per-Click
PPC or pay-per-click is one of the fastest ways to get new remodeling leads. PPC is a way to target potential customers with online ads. We use Google ads for our clients and have been able to see great results for anyone who’s willing to put in the work. A great way to think of the differences between PPC and SEO is that PPC is great for short term calculated gains and SEO is better for longterm existential growth. Both will bring in more remodeling leads, but when you stop paying for PPC ads you’ll stop getting leads from them. When you stop paying for SEO, you’ll still be able to see benefits for years to come.
Check out this video that can help you get a better understanding of both PPC and SEO.
Reviews and Referrals
Building your business through reviews and referrals is a great way to get more leads. Referral programs can be difficult to get started but when you do get a good one rolling it’s sure to pay off by getting you consistent business. Here are some tips for starting a referral program:
- Set your goals.
- List possible customer referral sources.
- Make a plan to reach out.
- Identify your referral incentives.
- Create resources to alert your customers.
- Set up tracking.
- Say “Thank You.”
It can be as simple as that. Just set up some goals, offer incentives, track your progress, and begin to see your past customers champion your business. You will want to be aware that the only way you can make a referral program really works well is by doing really good work for customers and always leaving them with a positive experience of your business.
Get More 5-Star Reviews
The highly coveted 5-star review is something that eludes many business owners. From restaurants and bars to dental offices and contractors it can be difficult to get reviews in the first place. But what’s worse is that the hardest part isn’t getting good reviews, it’s getting reviews at all. So how can you get more reviews for your business? You’ll have to make it easy for the customer. Here are some ways that you can encourage your customers to leave more reviews:
- Offer incentives – things such as discounts or gift cards to local restaurants work great.
- Ask – it’s common that many customers don’t even think to review. Just ask them for a review the next time you send an email.
- Send a link to customers. Some customers might find it difficult to find where they should review your company. Make it easy for them by sending a link!
- Be willing to receive reviews on multiple platforms including, Google, Facebook, and industry-specific platforms.
Google Local Services (Google My Business)
Establishing a Google My Business profile for your company is going to be essential in your success. From collecting reviews to properly displaying contact information and addresses, a Google business profile can be the difference between a customer purchasing from you or your competitor. Make sure that when you’re setting this up or editing it that every piece of information that can be filled out is. This ensures that when people are searching for your business or a similar one, they’ll find you.
Media-based advertising such as newspapers, mailers, television, and radio ads are also a great way to reach potential customers. If you’re able to specifically break down your target market and niche you can then very specifically target those potential customers. Radio, although seemingly underrated, has the potential to reach a multitude of customers. This post from Leighton Broadcasting is a great resource to learn more.
We hope you enjoyed this post and that it’s been a resource for you. Growing your own business and bringing in remodeling leads can be a struggle. If you want more leads then reach out to us! We’re all about helping business owners grow their leads and online traffic through SEO and premium web design services.
Reach out to us today to get the conversation started, we’d love to hear from you!