Getting your construction company name right is absolutely crucial. Below I’ve given a list of the 125 best construction business name ideas we could come up with within 5 hours, while also curating the best we could find from around the web. (But first we’ll start with a ChatGPT prompt that will spit out better construction names!)
ChatGPT could be an amazing asset for coming up with construction company names (and for other home services marketing ideas) – but without help it spits out cheesy names with where the words start with the same letter.
So here’s a construction company naming prompt that will help with that:
Put this into ChatGPT:
“You are a branding and business naming expert – come up with 20 business names for my construction company. Make them bold, easy to remember – we don’t want them to be cutesy, we want them to be professional, but down-to-earth, sticky and memorable, but not cheesy. The names should be composed of two or three words, but none of the 3 words should start with the same letter as the other. For instance, if one word starts with a ‘C’, the other words should not start with a ‘C’. Rank them by best to worst.”
Here’s what it gave me – curious what it gave you! (Names created by creative humans – not ChatGPT if you scroll down a couple times lol)
- Bold Blueprints Construction
- Solid Ascent Builders
- Mighty Keystone Construction
- Durable Horizons Building
- Venture Stoneworks
- Titan Fortress Builders
- Power Hammer Builders
- Infinity Frameworks
- Sturdy Pinnacle Construction
- Astute Constructs
- Ironclad Uplift Builders
- Vista Valiant Construction
- Dream House Contractors
- Dynamic Apex Construction
- Profound Heights Building
- Aegis Archway Construction
- Rugged Zenith Builders
- Optimal Edifice Construction
- Victory Vantage Builders
- Heritage Haven Construction
Still with the ‘Bold BluePrints’ – lol, Chat GPT doesn’t seem to be great at naming construction companies yet.
As always – tell it what it did wrong, and ideally feed it ones you kind of like so that it can create more like that – similar to this:
But first, here’s how to get the exact right name for your construction company:
No one else is you. So what might be the absolutely perfect construction business names for you and your team, may not have been taken yet.
You just need to follow these steps – and not skip them, below I’ll be sharing 5 questions that will help you draw out the perfect construction company name out of your imagination. But first – what is the perfect ideal for a construction company name, what will make ideal customers flock to you, remember you – and beg to do construction business with you (provided you have great reviews and a great reputation with existing customers)
Ideally, a construction company name is all of these things:
- Rolls off the tongue
- Can be expressed a symbol
- Communicates your company’s core values.
- Ideally you can get the URL
- Avoid generic / forgettable
- Roofing, Construction, Excavation – or your category of services in the name – but don’t make it too simple like Athens Georgia Roofing
- Bonus: Once you’ve got the perfect name – make sure your site’s high on Google with these 3 crucial SEO Tips (if you do nothing else.)
You see – names are important because they either get stuck in people’s heads, are super easy to remember – or they end up in the lost & found of your prospects minds. You can have a great business without a great mind – but everything goes more easily and smoothly if you have a brilliant & simple name.
Ask yourself these 5 questions to help you narrow your search down:
- What do we do better than anyone else in our area of expertise in construction industry?
- What do customers say they LOVE about our construction services?
- How can that secret sauce be expressed in a symbol that’s visual? (Write down 20 symbols that exude the qualities you mentioned)
- Start forming 5-10 names based on those symbols – what’s memorable, and rolls off the tongue, and wouldn’t require explanation?
- Which of these feels unique, but simple and solid.
Don’t rush the process – consult with your smartest friends, perhaps try a few logo’s first before settling on a final name.
Below – 140 Construction Company Names Ideas to get your juices flowing!
First, we’ve come up with this initial list of 108 Construction Company Name ideas:
**Domain name availability February 2021 – people keep snapping them up – so we checked again and prioritized the ones that are still available.**
- Neighborhood Creation Group – neighborhoodcreationgroup.com is available
- Green Concrete Builder – greenconcretebuilder.com is available
- My Commercial Construction – mycommercialconstruction.com is available
- Quality Building Supplies – qualitybuildingsupplies.com is available (8.8k domain)
- Premium Contractors – premiumcontractors.com is available (premium 24.7k domain)
- Quality Material – qualitymaterial.com is available (premium 19.8k domain)
- Sunshine Build Group – sunshinebuildgroup.com is available
- Remarkable Remodeling – remarkableremodeling.com is available (premium $995 domain)
- Success Construction – succcessconstruction.com is available
- Base Mountain Construction – basemountainconstruction.com is available
- Boutique Builders – boutiquebuilders.com is available (premium 4.2k domain)
- Green Power Home Builders – greenpowerhomebuilders.com is available
- The Details – thedetailsconstruction.com is available
- Instant Designers – instantsdesigners.com is taken
- Dockside Stone – docksidestone.com is available
- Evolution Contractors – evolutioncontractors.com is available (premium domain 3k)
- Wellness Home Builders – wellnesshomebuilders.com is available (50k premium domain)
- Canoe n Paddle Homes – canoenpaddlehomes.com is available
- Your Home Destinations – yourhomedestinations.com is available
- Refined Homes – refinedhomes.com is available (2k premium domain)
- Essential Homes – youressentialhome.com is available
- Craftsman Strong Builders – craftsmanstrongbuilders.com is available
- Onyx Strong Construction – onyxstrongconstruction.com is available
- Ladder Construction Co. – ladderconstructionco.com is available
- Red White Blue Builders – redwhitebluebuilders.com is available
- Mass Appeal Homes – massappealhomes.com is available
- Top 2 Bottom Homes – top2bottomhomes.com is available
- Memorable Home Builders – memorablehomebuilders.com is available
- Fluid Homes – fluidhomebuilders.com is available
- Wholesome Builders – wholesomebuilders.com is available
- Pennant Homes Builders – pennanthomesbuilders.com is available
- Red Wood Construction – redwoodconstruction.com is available (5k premium domain)
- Seamless Designs Inc – seamlessdesignsinc.com is available
- Red Ladder Homes – redladderhomes.com is available
- Anything But Ordinary Homes – anythingbutordinaryhomes.com is available
- Smart n Savvy Homes – smartnsavvyhomes.com is available
- Secure Homes Inc. – securehomesinc.com is available
- Retro Remodeled Homes – retroremodeledhomes.com is available
- Homebody Home Builders – homebodyhomebuilders.com is available
- Holistic Home Builders – holistichomebuilders.com is available
- Panda Construction – pandaconstruction.com is available (5k premium domain)
- Quality Budget Homes – qualitybudgethomes.com is available
- Forever After Homes – foreverafterhomes.com is available
- Minimalist Modern Home Builders – minamalistmodernhomebuilders.com is available
- Seamless Design Homes – seamlessdesignhomes.com is available
- Heavy Weight Builders – heavyweightbuilders.com is available
- Paddle Homes – paddlehomes.com is available
- Uniquely Unique Homes – uniquelyuniquehomes.com is available
- Crescent Moon Homes – crescentmoonhomes.com is available
- Blissful Home Builders – blissfulhomebuilders.com is available
- Freshly Brewed Homes – freshlybrewedhomes.com is available
- Looking Glass Homes – lookingglasshomes.com is available
- Touchdown Home Builders – touchdownhomes.com is available (2.2k premium domain)
- Open Prairie Builders – openprairiebuilders.com is available
- Grand Scale Builders – grandscalebuilders.com is available
- First Place Homes – firstplacehomes.com is available (2k premium domain)
- Builder Gorilla – buildergorilla.com is taken
- Jackhammer Studios – jackhammerstudios.com is taken
- Builder Rhino – builderrhino.com is taken
- Pure Renovation Company – purerenovationcompany.com is taken
- Constructionize – constructionize.com is taken
- Builder Ability – builderability.com is taken
- Concept Design Develop – conceptdesigndevelop.com is taken
- Mod Guys Construction – modguysconstruction.com is taken
- Inspiration Design Build – inspirationdesignbuild.com is taken
- Build It Brothers – builditbrothers.com is taken
- Blue Ladder Construction – blueladderconstruction.com is taken
- Hammer of the Gods Contractors – hotgcontractors.com is taken
- Thorough Construction – thoroughconstruction.com is taken
- High Voltage Builders – highvoltagebuilders.com is available
- S.T.D Contractors – stdcontractors.com is taken – LOL.
- Golden Key Contracting – goldenkeycontracting.com is taken
- You Nailed It Construction – YouNailedItConstruction.com is taken (younailedit.com is available for $2,895)
- Stoneworks Home Builders – stoneworkshomebuilders.com is taken
- Hearty Contractors – heartycontractors.com is available
- Refresh Contracting and Remodeling – refreshremodeling.com is taken
- Designs 4 You – designsforyou.com is taken
- Home Heart Construction – homeheartconstruction.com is taken
- Heavy Lifting Builders – heavyliftingbuilders.com is taken
- West Peak Builders – westpeakbuilders.com is taken
- Modern Green Construction – moderngreenconstruction.com is taken
- Buildersdeck – buildersdeck.com is taken
- Solid Builders – solidbuilders.com is taken
- Hearth and Home Construction – hearthandhomeconstruction.com is taken
- Heavy Lifting Contractors – heavyliftingcontractors.com is taken
- Maximum Builders – maximumbuilders.com is taken
- Gladiator Builders – gladiatorbuilders.com is taken
- Modular Construction – modularconstruction.com is taken
- Armored Homes – armoredhomes.com is taken
- Black Bear Contracting – blackbearcontracting.com is taken
- All The Way Home – allthewayhome.com is taken
- Premier Home Consulting – premierhomeconsulting.com is taken
- Eagle Homes – eaglehomes.com is taken
- Home Atlas Construction – homeatlasconstruction.com is taken
- Best Home Solutions – besthomesolutions.com is taken
- HomeScapes Contractors – homescapescontractors.com is taken
- Full House Basement Remodeling – fullhousebasementremodeling.com is available
- Blue Steel Construction – bluesteelconstruction.com is taken
- Antelope Builders – antelopebuilders.com is taken
- Progressive Homes – progressivehomebuilders.com is taken
- Valley Mountain Homes – valleymountainhomes.com is taken
- Green Ladder Homes – greenladderhomes.com is taken
- Steady Hand Construction – steadyhandconstruction.com is taken
- Pure Bliss Homes – pureblisshomes.com is taken
- 100 Percent Homes – 100percenthomes.com is taken
- River’s Bend Homes – riversbendhomes.com is taken
- Ivy Homes – ivyhomebuilders.com is taken
- Vibrant Construction – vibranthomebuilders.com is taken
- First Ascent Homes – firstascenthomes.com is taken
- Ultra Modern House – ultramodernhouse.com is available for 1.13k
- Pinnacle Constructions – pinnacleconstructions.com is available
- Stable Structures – stablestructures.com is available
- Dependable Dwellings – dependabledwellings.com is available
- Durable Developments – durabledevelopments.com is available
- Trustworthy Trusses – trustworthytrusses.com is available
- Exceptional Erectors – exceptionalerectors.com is available
- Graceful Girders – gracefulgirders.com is available
- Grand Girders – grandgirders.com is available
- Resplendent Residences – resplendentresidences.com is available
- Dazzling Domiciles – dazzlingdomiciles.com is available
- Fantastic Frameworks – fantasticframeworks.com is available
- Magnificent Mortar – magnificentmortar.com is available
- Profound Pillars – profoundpillars.com is available
- Excellent Edifices – excellentedifices.com is available
- Supreme Scaffolds – supremescaffolds.com is available
- Eminent Edifices – eminentedifices.com is available
- Incredible Infrastructures – incredibleinfrastructures.com is available
- Paramount Pillars – paramountpillars.com is available
- Timeless Trusses – timelesstrusses.com is available
- Distinguished Domiciles – distinguisheddomiciles.com is available
- Brilliant Builders – brilliantbuilders.com is available
- Monumental Mansions – monumentalmansions.com is available
- Impeccable Infrastructures – impeccableinfrastructures.com is available
- Noteworthy Nests – noteworthynests.com is available
- Spectacular Structures – spectacularstructures.com is available
- Fascinating Foundations – fascinatingfoundations.com is available
- Apex Structure Builders – apexstructurebuilders.com is available
- Astonishing Architects – astonishingarchitects.com is available
- Outstanding Outbuildings – outstandingoutbuildings.com is available
- Sublime Scaffolds – sublimescaffolds.com is available
- Transcendent Trusses – transcendenttrusses.com is available
- Reliable Raisers – reliableraisers.com is available
- Ravishing Roofs – ravishingroofs.com is available
- Unbelievable Undertakings – unbelievableundertakings.com is available
- Intriguing Institutions – intriguinginstitutions.com is available
- Stupendous Structures – stupendousstructures.com is available
- Prodigious Projects – prodigiousprojects.com is available
- Masterful Mansions – masterfulmansions.com is available
- Exquisite Erectors – exquisiteerectors.com is available
- Breathtaking Buildings – breathtakingbuildings.com is available
- Marvelous Masons – marvelousmasons.com is available
- Impressive Institutions – impressiveinstitutions.com is available
- Awe Inspiring Architects – aweinspiringarchitects.com is available
- Sensational Shelters – sensationalshelters.com is available
Funny Construction Company Names
- The Trusty Wrench
- One and Done Handyman
- Double D Electrical Contractors
- Silver Fox Builders
- Carl’s Pane in the Glass Handyman
Unique Construction Company Names
- Blue Comet
- Pyke Mechanical
- Omega Design
- Wombat Contractors
- West Peak Builders
- Green Power Home Builders
Renovation / Remodeling Construction Company Names
- Old is New Again Remodeling
- Dream Home Here
- Regal Renovations
- Flat Rate Remodeling
U.S. Biggest & Best Construction Company Names (for Real Existing Businesses)
- Fluor Corp.
- The Turner Corp.
- CBI LLC
- Kiewit Com
- Skanksa USA
- PCL Construction
So maybe for commercial construction – names aren’t as important! LOL.
What are the top residential construction company names (of existing businesses?)
Data from ConstructionDive
- D.R. Horton Inc. – 2018 Revenue: $15.7 billion – 2018 Closings: $52.6 billion
- Lennar Corp. – 2018 Revenue: $18.8 billion – 2018 Closings: $48.9 billion
- Pulte Group – 2018 Revenue: $9.8 billion – 2018 Closings: $23.1 billion
- NVR Inc. 2018 Revenue: $7 billion – 2018 Closings: $18.4 billion
- KB Home – 2018 Revenues: $4.5 billion – 2018 Closings: $11.3 billion
- Taylor Morrison – 2018 Revenues: $4.5 billion – 2018 Closings: $8.7 billion
- Meritage Homes – 2018 Revenues: $3.5 billion – 2018 Closings: $8.5 billion
- Toll Brothers – 2018 Revenues: $7.1 billion – 2018 Closings: $8.3 billion
- Century Communities – 2018 Revenues: $2.3 billion – 2018 Closings: $7 billion
- LGI Homes – 2018 Revenues: $1.5 billion – 2018 Closings: $6.5 billion
I hope this list was a good start, maybe even to just get the juices flowing. A good name is the start of a good brand, and a good brand is the start of a good website – and I love to help people get an understanding of how branding, website design, and traffic come together to get your construction company more business.
Want even more construction company names? – Here’s 16 more!
Construction Company Name Ideas
Helpful Business Name Generators
1. Biz Name Wiz – Put in a word and get combinations you might use
2. NameJet – Gives you short, punchy domains that are currently available
3. NameStation – Gives you URLs available based on a particular seed keyword or two
4. Shopify Domain Name Generator – Moves beyond .com domains and into less popular extensions like .io
5. NameBoy.com – A way to check all of the domain extensions quickly for variations of a word
6. Bust a Name – Create domain names based on availability and a seed keyword
Why it’s important to have construction company names that’s different from anyone else
In the expansive universe of business, a company’s name serves as its identity and its first impression. It’s not just a label but a strategic asset that can make a significant impact on brand perception, recognition, and ultimately, its success. But what happens when your company shares its name with another? This seemingly innocuous mistake can lead to a myriad of problems. In this article, we explore why it’s crucial to avoid having the same company name as a different company.
1. Stand Out in a Saturated Market
- Differentiation is key: The business landscape is saturated, and standing out becomes a challenge. A unique company name sets you apart and makes your brand memorable. When your name mirrors that of another company, you lose this vital chance to differentiate.
2. Avoid Brand Confusion
- Protect your reputation: Imagine being mistaken for a company with questionable business practices. A distinct name ensures you control your narrative and your reputation remains unblemished by others’ actions.
3. Enhance SEO Results
- Online visibility matters: With the increasing reliance on search engines, having a unique name helps improve your SEO. If your company shares a name with another, especially one that’s more established, your online visibility could be compromised.
4. Legal Protections
- Avoid legal disputes: Owning a unique company name reduces the risk of legal conflicts relating to trademark infringement. Legal battles are expensive, time-consuming, and can tarnish your brand’s reputation.
5. Facilitate Branding and Marketing
- Maximize marketing efforts: A unique name makes branding and marketing efforts more efficient. It enables you to craft a cohesive and consistent brand image across all platforms.
6. Consumer Perception and Trust
- Build trust with your customers: Businesses earn trust over time. When you have a unique name, customers can easily find you, learn about your company, and develop a relationship with your brand.
The advantages of having a unique company name are clear. It contributes to your brand’s identity, customer perception, online visibility, and legal security. Moreover, it ensures that your marketing and branding efforts are not diluted or misdirected. Remember, your company name is more than just a title – it’s the first chapter of your business story, make it count.
Frequently Asked Questions Related to Naming a Construction Company
How do I create a company name?
Brand yourself with a catchy name; in the end, you’ll want a bold but simple professional logo. This is why it’s easy for many people to start with a symbol – Evergreen Contractors, for instance, you quickly have an evergreen tree as a symbol and a symbol is easy for people to remember and helps them recall your name.
The trick is to find a combination of the common, so it’s easy to remember, and a modifier — that way, people can find you in a world where everything has already been chosen. For example, Evergreen Structures – might be easier to Google and find later since there are probably so many Evergreen Contractors already.
How much does it cost to start a construction company?
You will need licensing- State and local. You will need insurances- liability, workers’ compensation, and auto, and you may need tools and a cell phone – so maybe around 5k. You will have ongoing expenses, so you’ll have to be earning money quickly.
How do contractors get clients?
Start with your current network, and by announcing you’re available on social media. Then use intentional requests for referrals from family, friends, and your network. Once you have a compelling name and logo, try making a basic website. Then, talk to other professionals like realtors and mortgage brokers to expand your network.
Get on Craigs List, Next Door App, and perhaps even HomeAdvisor, Houzz, and Angie’s List. Next, move to Search Engine Optimization, upgrade your website – layer on paid ads on Google and Facebook. Ideally, you also add events, trade shows, truck wraps, yard signs, swag like t-shirts, and video marketing as well.
When you reach a certain size – it may be appropriate to work with a professional web design + SEO company like Hook Agency. In that case, send us an e-mail at email@example.com to get started with a free consultation.
When you’ve got your name and you’re up and running – be sure to submit your site to Construction Directories!