When it comes to branding, having an effective tagline can truly set you apart from your competition. Whether they mean to or not, consumers most definitely “judge a book by its’ cover” when deciding on a company to do business with. But do slogans matter for roofing companies? And what makes a great slogan anyways?
The first answer is YES; roofing slogans do matter! The second answer is comprised of a few different elements.
Here’s 5 of my favorite roofing taglines quickly!
- We Do This Every ‘Shingle’ Day – MHI Roofing Pittsburgh
- At Monarch Roofing, You Deserve the Best!
- “We’re a customer service company that does roofing” – Montana Roofing Solutions
- “We’ve got you covered” – Apple Roofing
- “We are not the Same” – Linear Roofing
Let’s use two examples to illustrate the difference between an effective tagline and a tagline that is simply there:
Example 1 You’re looking for a roofing company in your area, so you go onto Google and search for “great roofing companies in XYZ City.” You scroll through a list of options, come across “Specialty Roofing Company,” and decide to check out their website. On their landing page, in big, bold letters, it says, “We do residential roofing.”
Example 2 – The same scenario, but this time you click on the website for “Hour Glass Roofers.” On their landing page, in big, bold letters, it says: “Hour Glass Roofers – We make roofs that stand the test of time.”
In example 1, the tagline “We do residential roofing” doesn’t separate Specialty Roofing Company from any other roofing company or provide any value. It is a tagline, and it does communicate what that company does, but is it effective in convincing someone to do business? Not really. When you read the tagline from example 2, “We make roofs that stand the test of time,” you instantly have a question answered and value provided. That tagline is addressing a pain point and providing a solution.
Table of Contents
Roofing Slogans 101
When it comes to creating a good slogan, there are a few different things to keep in mind. After all, this slogan is going to follow you and your business around for a while. Especially if you decide to use it on your marketing material, and you should!
As you’re writing a slogan, there are a few tips that you can keep in mind to ensure that it sticks and comes together in the right way. Here are 7 tips for writing a catchy and creative slogan.
Keep It Short and Simple
Short, sweet, and simple are your best friends. The more straightforward that you can write and communicate your slogan, the better. Shoot for 8 to 10 words maximum.
Consistency is one of the most important things in both marketing and business. You’ll want to ensure that your slogan enhances and reinforces your current logo, company name, and website as a whole.
Focus On What Makes You Different
If there’s something that makes your company more unique than other companies in your niche, then focus on that. Use your differences as actionable points throughout your slogan.
Make It Timeless
When writing a slogan, try not to use words like “only, always, and never.” Make your slogan timeless by simply focusing on the value that your company has to offer.
Ensure It Can Stand Alone
Your slogan should be able to stand completely on its own. No need for explanation or filler content along with it. Just simple and straightforward.
Keep Your Target Market In Mind
Remember your audience while you’re writing the slogan. You don’t want to get all the way through your process without ever pausing to remember who you’re trying to reach with your roofing company slogan.
Get Input from Others
Everyone likes to have an opinion, but don’t take just anyone’s opinion. Look to your smart friends and to those that have experience doing this sort of thing.
To break it down even further, here are a few qualities that all effective slogans have:
- Communicates the value that the business provides
- Makes sense with the name of the company
- Appropriate tone
By coming up with an effective slogan you can separate yourself from the majority of roofing companies that have bland taglines. But before you create you’re own, learning how to identify a quality tagline is pivotal.
Let’s go through a list of 12 taglines and identify what makes them effective!
1. Infinity Exteriors – Your neighbors love our work! – And I love this slogan! Straight to the point and communicated creatively. A fantastic way to see if a tagline is effective is to imagine someone is asking, “Why should I choose this company?” and if the answer is their tagline, what would you think? Infinity Exteriors answers that question brilliantly.
2. First American Roofing & Siding, Inc. – Your first and only choice for roofing, siding, & insulation – What makes this slogan so effective is the tone. It speaks confidently and makes the reader feel secure. It’s great because it sends the message that you can trust the business and won’t ever need to fix their work. We also love this tagline because First American Roofing & Siding is one of our clients. Check out our case study here.
3. Interlock Metal Roofing – Never Re-Roof Again – This is an excellent example of communicating a value proposition. The slogan shows that the company offers something unique. Additionally, it creates a reaction. The slogan causes you to think, “What? I never have to re-roof again?”. If your tagline can intrigue someone in that way, it’s going to be effective.
4. 22nd Century Roofing – For the future of your home – When I read that tagline, it makes me feel like 22nd Century Roofing truly cares. It also makes a lot of sense because of the business’s name, so there’s a creative element as well.
5. Tugwell Roofing Co. – A small company with a BIG reputation – An element that makes this tagline effective that wasn’t mentioned above is authenticity. Building trust is difficult to do, but when you have branding and a slogan that communicates authenticity, it makes it that much easier for a customer to trust you.
6. Bob Behrends Roofing – Keeping the weather out – This may be bordering on being too simple, but I think it works for Bob. Simple, but get’s the point across in a somewhat creative way.
7. Weather Tight Roofing – Our competition is our best advertisement – I like this because of its tenacity. When you’re communicating or eliciting emotion with a tagline, your brand becomes more personable. This tagline tells the customer that Weather Tight is good at what they do and knows it. A little cocky? Maybe. But does it make them stand out? Absolutely!
8. Roof Smith – Let our family help your family! – Marketing lingo alert! This slogan uses an emotional appeal. You may not even realize it, but it instantly makes you feel differently about Roof Smith when you read their tagline. Instead of thinking of them as just another business, you think of them as a family. Not only that, a family that wants to help you! Bonus points for including a call to action
9. Lifetime Roofing – Quality workmanship done right the first time. – An effective way to reach your customers is to speak to their pain points – struggles they have had in the past. This company addresses a concern a customer may have and puts them at ease right away with their slogan. You don’t have to worry about Lifetime Roofing doing a poor job because they told you upfront they’ll do it right the first time.
Here are three examples of taglines that need a simple re-work to make them more effective!
10. IWC Roofing Experts – One Day Install – This is an excellent example of a tagline that has potential. It’s the beginning of the thought process that could lead to an excellent slogan. “What are we good at? Well, one day installs,” and that was the end of the conversation. Even just by adding “Home of the One Day Install,” you are livening up the slogan and giving the reader more to digest. An even more creative version would be “Don’t wait, install your roof in a day!”, now you’re speaking directly to your customer, giving them a call to action, and communicating the same message.
11. JC&C Roofing – Quality is not an act it’s a habit – Although it’s a good sentiment, it’s far too wordy and it makes you scratch your head a little. Remember to be clear and concise. You can communicate the same message by simply saying, “Quality is a habit!”.
12. American Roofing – Tradition in Excellence – This is on the opposite end of the spectrum compared to example 11. Oversimplification makes it easy for a customer to breeze past your slogan altogether. Yes, being concise is an important element for your slogan but not at the expense of the “stickiness” factor. You want your slogan to stick in your readers’ heads. You could expand on this slogan and communicate more effectively with “Building a tradition of excellence since 1954.”
21 Roofing Company Slogans
- The roofer that does it right.
- Flat roof experts.
- Any material, anytime, we’ve got your back.
- Because your home deserves the best in roofing.
- We’re the company with a no-leak guarantee.
- Providing the best roofing services every day.
- Leaky roof? Call (your company here).
- For a quality roofing experience, call (insert roofing company)
- Metal roofing done right.
- Exterior experts.
- Making quality roofing look easy.
- Keeping your home dry since (insert company year).
- Ready to serve when you need it most.
- For expert service and a warranty to back it up, call (roofing company).
- Roofing service fit for royalty.
- Bringing our best so that you can have the best.
- Do you want your roof done right? Call us.
- Reliable roofing is done right every time.
- We’ll keep your home protected.
- Roofing needs? Call us.
- Ensuring your roof is done right every time.
THANKS FOR DOING A DEEP DIVE ON THESE ROOFING SLOGANS!
Now that you have a better understanding of what makes an effective slogan check out some more Roofing Marketing Resources and other branding tips here!