Now that I’m an ‘old timer’ in the marketing industry here in Minneapolis. JK – I’m 6 years in, but I wanted to share the best Marketing Agencies in Minneapolis by category! There are plenty of good ones folks, but their are alot of little ones that don’t get out much, and may be a little behind the times.
Take it from someone who is involved in the community, reads the Minneapolis Egotist (Minneapolis’ marketing industry online magazine), goest to awards shows, and MIMA, Adfed, writes for Forbes and is on the MNSearch Board of Directors – it pays to get involved with legitimate, well-connected, and community-involved marketing agencies in Minneapolis.
Of course we like to consider ourselves in the running for best in SEO and digital marketing as well – but besides us 😉 these are the best.
Here are the Best Marketing Agencies in Minneapolis by Category
Best Branding Agencies in Minneapolis
- Little and Co. – Classic, serves the bigger agencies, solid professional work.
- Fellow – Hipsteresque, stylish, smaller boutique branding agency with heart.
- Studio Mpls – Has done some of the finest branding work I’ve seen in the cities.
Best Enterprise Full Service Agencies in Minneapolis
- Olson – Has changed ownership, but still a powerhouse employing alot of brilliant people.
- Carmichael Lynch – One of the big boys, focusing on bigger brands like Suburu.
- Periscope – From Target to the Twins, this agency serves some of Minnesota’s largest companies with a hometown advantage.
Best at Digital Marketing in Minneapolis
- Snap Agency – Having formerly worked as marketing director for Snap Agency, I can say when I worked there, their SEO program and other digital marketing efforts were definitely top 3 in the city.
- Rocket 55 – Certainly the owner Stephen Ayers has pushed to make something stylish and powerful, Rocket 55 focuses purely on digital with focus on lead generation and aesthetic design.
- Augurian – Smaller, PPC and SEO focused agency that appears to do great work and is involved in the community.
Best Specialty / High End Agencies in Minneapolis
- Olive and Company – Serves companies that really love aesthetics and have an appetite for making there’s the cream of the crop.
- Go Kart Labs – Serves startups, and speciality projects that have serious capital behind them, but want high-end marketing and strategic advice.
- space150 – Serves larger brands like Nike who need creativity, originality and professional design.
Best Television Marketing Agencies in Minneapolis
- Peterson Milla Hooks – Very solid aesthetic, a little outside the box, serving bigger brands with ad-buying and ad creation.
- Risdall – Larger marketing agency with solid design in traditional mediums as well.
- Colle + McVoy – Also serving Target (lots of agencies in Minneapolis have some type of project with them,) and Caribou.
Best Search Engine Optimization in Minneapolis
- Ovative – Enterprise level SEO for bigger companies more focused on steering the ship in the right direction, and the technical components and content strategy of SEO than quick results.
- Gruen – Medium agency focused on more traffic and conversion.
- Clayton Johnson – Consultant focused on results and heavy into the tactics and strategies of effective SEO.
Best Small Business Marketing Agencies in Minneapolis
- Windmill Design – Aesthetic design, perhaps a little more focused on print but capable of web design and different industry focused
- Plaudit – Web design centric agency that can handle service oriented websites, and uses proprietary content management systems instead of WordPress or Drupal
- First Scribe – From PPC to SEO, FirstScribe prides itself on being up to date on emerging technologies
Best Small Marketing Agencies in Minneapolis
- Iceberg Web Design – Pricing packages and other ways to get off the ground quickly
- Wooly Mammoth Design – Husband and wife team, great for simple sites and clean design.
- Pixelsmith – Smaller shop that can move quickly and handle deeper functionality, as well as small themed WordPress websites
Best PPC Agencies in Minneapolis
- Monkey Island – Flexible small team focused on paid ads
- FRWD – bigger PPC focused agency, and all around digital marketing agency in Minneapolis
- Nina Hale – PPC and everything search engine related
Best Social Media Marketing Agencies in Minneapolis
- Socially Smitten – Handles all kinds of brands large to small, younger team, price conscious.
- The Social Lights – Handles bigger brands like General Mills – larger capabilities and a more consulting based approach.
- Social Nicole – Smaller agency (currently) built to handle everything from WordPress websites to social engagement
This is just one man’s opinion – and companies change all the time. If you’d like to discuss your digital marketing efforts, send me a message today for a free consultation!