We are currently looking for a Web Design Intern here at Hook Agency. This role would be a half-time (20 hours/wk) position. We are hoping this role develops into a full-time position – you would be learning under our Art Director Zach Morin, and be asked to find stock photos, work on Display ads for paid ad campaigns, and grow into designing landing pages for SEO purposes, and eventually take on website design projects as well – amongst other day to day web design tasks. Ideally a candidate would also be interested in the web development side somewhat – as our current team, everyone does a bit of both – but the main role of this person would be the visual design side.
If you’re still here there’s a chance you’re excited about this opportunity. Hey, odds are we’re even more excited 🙂 We should touch on culture for a second. We’re a very positive and supportive bunch. Maybe too positive and supportive…is that thing? You’re right, it’s not. Check out our culture page for more on that. Back to the job stuff.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Familiar with types of modern web design (not experience making, but just knowing of.)
- Basic typographic skills
- Overall passionate and is thirsty to know more about web design & development.
- Ability to grasp concepts quickly
- Scrappy and can find answers on the internet
- Capable in Photoshop, Illustrator or comparable design programs.
- Proficient in basic web design layout skills.
- Scrappy – being a self-starter and having a hunger and eagerness to improve professionally and personally
- Humble – putting others above yourself. Championing our coworkers and clients above all else.
- Results Driven – doing what it takes to get results. If something isn’t working improve the process or system and level us up.
- Be nice 🙂 – life is short. We work hard but we celebrate each other a lot and enjoy ourselves at work.
- Unlimited PTO
- Option for limited remote work
- Bright office in North Loop, Minneapolis
Lastly, we are a small company and will take the time to find the right cultural fit for us. Just know that all of us at Hook Agency come from different backgrounds. Many of us were told we don’t have the resume, experience, or accolades to be even considered for marketing jobs. We use that as a chip on our shoulders and have made it our duty to look at every single candidate’s ability, character, and spirit and not judge them based on their past, labels, or identity. Even if you don’t work here, we’d be honored to do anything we can to help you along your journey.