Jeffrey Marcus of Drones for Contractors, generously shared this data recently in a Roofing Facebook group – and I was blown away with the dominance that Mavic has as far as drone ownership amongst roofers + contractors – check it out:
Let’s go through the pro’s and con’s of each of these top 3 drone’s so you can be prepared if you are going to purchase one.
#1 Best Drone for Roofers: Mavic 2 Pro – $1,600 – $2,000
- Superlative 4K video.
- 20MP Raw and JPG still imaging.
- Great battery life.
- Compact, foldable design.
- Obstacle avoidance sensors.
- 8GB internal memory isn’t much.
- No DCI format support.
#2 Best Drone for Roofers: Mavic Pro – $800 – $1,300
- “The Pocket-Sized Drone”
- Fast Set up
- Smartphone control
- OcuSync Transmission for long-range
- Intelligent Flight Modes + Features
- Camera quality isn’t the best
- Many features can get overwhelming
- Small legs make takeoff and landing tricky
- Not very steady in windy conditions
- The gimble assembly is not very strong
- Short Flight Time
#3 Best Drone for Roofers: Mavic Mini – $300 – $400
- Very affordable
- Includes remote control.
- Excellent battery life.
- Crisp 2.7K video and 12MP photos.
- Gimbal stabilization.
- Automated cinematic camera movements.
- Find My Drone feature.
- Doesn’t require federal registration.
- Easy to break
- Some connectivity issues in testing.
- Omits obstacle detection sensors.
- No 24fps video option.
- Doesn’t support Raw or HDR images.