Now that I’m an ‘old timer’ in the marketing industry here in Minneapolis.
JK – I’m 10 years in, but I wanted to share the best Marketing Agencies in Minneapolis by category! There are plenty of good ones folks, but there are a lot of little ones that don’t get out much and might be a little behind the times.
Take it from someone who is involved in the community, reads the Minneapolis Egotist (Minneapolis’ marketing industry online magazine), goes to awards shows, and MIMA, AdFed, writes for Forbes, and was the Technical Director for MNSearch Board of Directors – it pays to get involved with legitimate, well-connected, and community-involved marketing agencies in Minneapolis.
New additions for 2023 Please check out our recent post on BIPOC, LGBTQ and Women-owned marketing agencies in Minneapolis.
Also – If you are in the construction industry – our company is a great fit for you. Check out our blog posts about Roofing Leads, HVAC Leads, Construction Leads and our Roofing SEO, Construction SEO and HVAC SEO services!
Here are the Best Marketing Agencies in Minneapolis by Category
Best Branding Agencies in Minneapolis
- Little and Co. – Classic, serves the bigger agencies, solid professional work.
- Fellow – Hipsteresque, stylish, smaller boutique branding agency with heart.
- Studio Mpls – Has done some of the finest branding work I’ve seen in the cities.
Best Enterprise Full-Service Agencies in Minneapolis
- Olson – Has changed ownership, but still a powerhouse employing a lot of brilliant people.
- Carmichael Lynch – One of the big boys, focusing on bigger brands like Suburu.
- Periscope – From Target to the Twins, this agency serves some of Minnesota’s largest companies with a hometown advantage.
Best at Digital Marketing in Minneapolis
- Snap Agency – Having formerly worked as marketing director for Snap Agency, I can say when I worked there, their SEO program and other digital marketing efforts were definitely top 3 in the city.
- Rocket 55 – Certainly the owner Stephen Ayers has pushed to make something stylish and powerful, Rocket 55 focuses purely on digital with a focus on lead generation and aesthetic design.
- Augurian – Smaller, PPC and SEO focused agency that appears to do great work and is involved in the community.
Best Specialty / High-End Agencies in Minneapolis
- Olive and Company – Serves companies that really love aesthetics and have an appetite for making there’s the cream of the crop.
- Go Kart Labs * Updated 2020 – Go Kart Labs was acquired * – Serves startups and specialty projects that have serious capital behind them, but want high-end marketing and strategic advice.
- space150 – Serves larger brands like Nike who need creativity, originality, and professional design.
Best Television Marketing Agencies in Minneapolis
- Peterson Milla Hooks – Very solid aesthetic, a little outside the box, serving bigger brands with ad-buying and ad creation.
- Risdall – Larger marketing agency with solid design in traditional mediums as well.
- Colle + McVoy – Also serving Target (lots of agencies in Minneapolis have some type of project with them,) and Caribou.
Best Search Engine Optimization in Minneapolis
- Ovative – Enterprise-level SEO for bigger companies more focused on steering the ship in the right direction, and the technical components and content strategy of SEO than quick results.
- Gemini Advanced Marketing Solutions – Medium agency focused on more traffic and conversion.
- Guerrilla Agency – Consultant focused on results and heavy into the link-building aspects of effective SEO.
Best Small Business Marketing Agencies in Minneapolis
- Windmill Strategy – Aesthetic design, perhaps a little more focused on print but capable of web design and different industry-focused.
- Plaudit – Digital marketing and web design agency that focuses on highly customized design & development, with a custom content management system built to support it.
- Perrill – From PPC to SEO, FirstScribe prides itself on being up to date on emerging technologies.
Best Small Marketing Agencies in Minneapolis
- Iceberg Web Design – Pricing packages and other ways to get off the ground quickly.
- Creativ Endeavor – Husband and wife team, great for simple sites and clean design.
- Stolber – A smaller shop that can move quickly and handle WordPress websites + SEO.
Best PPC Agencies in Minneapolis
- Agency Jet – SEO + PPC for B2B Brands
- FRWD – bigger PPC focused agency, and all-around digital marketing agency in Minneapolis.
- Nina Hale – PPC and everything search engine related.
Best Social Media Marketing Agencies in Minneapolis
- Socially Smitten – Handles all kinds of brands large to a small, younger team, price-conscious.
- The Social Lights – Handles bigger brands like General Mills – larger capabilities and a more consulting based approach.
- Social Nicole – Smaller agency (currently) built to handle everything from WordPress websites to social engagement.
Best Advertising Agencies in Minneapolis to work at:
- Medium: Augurian – “If you’re passionate about making an impact for your clients, thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and have skills in digital marketing, data analysis, or project management we’d love to talk to you.”
- Medium: Hook Agency – “Focused on your long-term career growth & goals, clear-cut goals + a culture of support & accountability to level up, and striving for more meaningful impact & community service”
- Large: Ovative – “We are growing fast and looking to add talented, passionate, and curious people to our team.”
- Small: Uproer – “Uproer is a perfect fit for the search marketer who is hungry for career growth and a fulfilling work-life balance. Explore what it’s like to work here. They reject hustle culture and embrace a 4-day work week!”
(*There are some “cool marketing agencies” in Minneapolis that you might want to check their Glassdoor – before working there.. do that before applying anywhere! LOL)
Revolutionizing Minneapolis Marketing: Unearthing the Lesser-Known Powerhouse Agencies 🚀
There’s a wild revolution underway in the Minneapolis marketing scene! The underdogs are rising, and they’re giving the well-established firms a run for their money. From fresh, innovative ideas to personalized service, these lesser-known marketing agencies are offering something genuinely unique to their clients. Let’s take a look at some of these exciting players in the marketing industry:
- The Guerilla Agency: Known for their creative guerrilla marketing techniques, The Guerilla Agency is turning heads and setting trends.
- Edition Studios: They’re showing us that size doesn’t matter – what truly counts is the quality of the campaigns and their impact on target audiences.
- Olive & Company: Their hyper-focused brand marketing strategies have produced stunning design work and marketing campaigns for their clients, they’re classic.
The Minneapolis Marketing Evolution: A Decade’s Journey Through the Industry ⏰
Looking back over the past decade, it’s clear that Minneapolis has cemented itself as a hub for top marketing agencies. The landscape has shifted, trends have come and gone, but the city’s marketing prowess has only grown:
- Early 2010s: Traditional ad agencies dominated the Minneapolis marketing landscape.
- 2015-2020: The digital revolution led to an influx of tech-savvy, data-driven marketing companies.
- 2020-2023: Larger giants didn’t die out – but larger brands fed smaller agencies, and now Minneapolis ad agency scene is thriving, despite the hit from Covid and the current recession.
The rise of more diverse options!
Diversity is the spice of life, and it’s making the Minneapolis marketing scene more vibrant than ever. BIPOC, LGBTQ, and women-owned marketing agencies are not just surviving – they’re thriving. Here are a few stand-out agencies that are shaking things up:
- BIPOC-owned Monicat Data: They’re breaking barriers with their culturally relevant, inclusive approach.
- LGBTQ-owned Clockwork: Celebrated for their trailblazing campaigns that elevate LGBTQ+ voices and issues.
- Women-owned Creativ Endeavor: Pioneering powerful and compelling narratives that resonate with diverse audiences.
Bridging Industries: Exploring the Intersection of Construction and Marketing in Minneapolis 🏗️
The construction industry and marketing might seem like strange bedfellows, but in reality, they’re a match made in heaven. Minneapolis ad agencies specializing in construction marketing are bridging this unlikely gap:
- Linnihan & Foy: Their innovative marketing strategies have helped construction firms amplify their brand and attract valuable leads.
- Hook Agency (Us): Specializes in SEO + PPC for construction companies, roofers and home service businesses, helping them climb to the top of search results.
- Iceberg Web Design: Their campaigns have successfully driven traffic and conversions for numerous construction businesses.
From the underdogs to the industry pioneers, from the community-driven to the diversity champions, and those brilliantly bridging industries – it’s clear that the Minneapolis marketing scene is as dynamic as it is exciting! 🎉
Want to hear more about how we became #1 for “Minneapolis Marketing” on Google? Set up an intro call and hear the whole strategy.
Thanks for reading!
Frequently Asked Questions About Minneapolis Marketing
What are the different types of marketing agencies in Minneapolis?
There are fancier branding agencies like Little, Carmichael Lynch, Periscope and are great for high-level strategy and polished creative and littler workhorse agencies like Perrill, Rocket55, and Hook Agency who focus on the data-driven side of things for growth-oriented companies with medium budgets.
How do I find the best marketing agency in Minneapolis for my needs?
First define your budget internally – create realistic goals for what you want to accomplish, and identify if there’s a company that has a track record of getting those results for clients. If you can find someone who serves your niche, you’ll get network effects and economies of scale – but you also want your marketing agency to be hungry, and diligent, so sometimes a earlier, scrappier company can be more effective than the old heads of the industry.
What marketing agency should I use if I want more leads?
Where can I find marketing jobs in Minneapolis?
There are several different directories that share hiring positions in Minneapolis. Two of my favorite are The Egotist, and MNSearch – a search marketing organization I was the technical director for 2 years, a couple years ago. Whether you’re a Minneapolis marketing agency, or someone looking to move jobs or join the industry – these are great options besides of course, Linkedin and Indeed.