Have this post read to you in a natural voice, so you can do other things:
When people are looking to hire a high-end remodeling company to beautify their home, what’s the number one thing they look for? Well, besides good reviews, high quality, a good price, and a flexible timeline…
They want to see pictures and blogs of projects you’ve done! Any good remodeling company should proudly boast about past projects to help inspire future customers and gain their business. And when it comes to writing blogs about high-end remodeling, you don’t have to be a well-versed writer or even write much at all! Sharing before and after pictures is an incredible traffic-building piece of content, and showcasing how you make the magic happen can be enough in itself to attract customers. Prospective customers also like to first see if they can DIY any projects around the house, which often leads them to hire a contractor when they realize it’s going to be too hard on their own.
No matter what, maintaining a blog for your high-end remodeling company can be vital to your business. And if you don’t know where to begin—don’t fret—we’re sharing some blog title ideas, topics, and how to come up with your own so you can get started crafting a beautiful blog for your business.
40 Blog Ideas to Get You Started
- What Renovations Give the Highest Value?
- What Room is the Most Expensive to Remodel?
- How Often Should I Remodel my Home?
- Is Remodeling Worth the Investment?
- How Much Can I Remodel With $50,000?
- How to Renovate on a Budget: 8 Money-Saving Tips
- 15 of the Best Kitchen Remodels to Inspire You
- 7 Home Remodeling Tips From the Pros
- How to Remodel Your Entire Home: A Step-By-Step Guide
- How Much Will it Cost to Remodel My Bathroom?
- DIY Remodeling Dos and Don’ts
- 20 Incredible Home Remodeling Before and Afters
- Trending Paint Colors for 2021
- How to Remodel Your Apartment Rental
- Best Places to Find Used Appliances and Fixtures Online
- Tile Inspo: 16 Unique Designs for Your Backsplash
- Top 10 Places to Buy Area Rugs
- Safety Tips for Doing Your Own Demo
- Pros and Cons to DIY Remodeling
- How Remodeling Your Foyer Can Change Your Entire Home
- 7 Tips for Renovating a Half Bath
- Remodeling a Bathroom for $1,000 or Less
- What Room Should I Remodel First?
- Top 20 Best Remodeling Companies in [Insert City]
- The Best Kitchen Appliance Brands in 2021
- Our Favorite Dining Room Light Fixtures to Set the Ambiance
- Remodeling vs. Renovation: What’s the Difference?
- How to Remodel Your Bedroom in One Weekend
- What Type of Paint Should be Used in the Bathroom?
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Get Rid of Your Bathtub
- 10 Finished Basement Ideas on a Budget
- 7 Kitchen Islands that Are as Functional as They are Stylish
- Gas vs. Electric Stoves: Which is Best?
- How Much Does a New Addition Cost?
- How to Put a Guest Room in Your Large Basement
- Modern Decor Ideas for Your 2021 Remodel
- House Flipping Tips & Tricks
- 13 Staircase Remodels That Transformed the Home
- Is it Cheaper to Buy New or to Gut and Remodel a Home?
- Remodeling a Mud Room on a Budget
How to Find Blog Topics
You may be wondering where you can go to come up with blog topics. If you don’t feel like brainstorming everything on your own, utilizing the tools before you can help inspire and guide you to finding some legitimate blog titles that will put you in a competitive position online.
Google it! If you begin googling what you think people are searching for, you will get a plethora of results that can be turned into blog posts. For example, if you were to Google “DIY remodeling,” you will likely find many results, such as the top-performing post for DIY remodeling tips, a featured snippet at the top (which is the questions you see near the top). Catering a blog post to those featured snippets can be a great way to get quick results. You can also find videos, which can easily be embedded into blog posts written about related topics and some of the top remodeling blog posts people are reading. Those posts are your competition, and you can skim through some pages for more inspiration. This is a great start to see what people are clicking on when searching “DIY remodeling” or whichever keyword you want to look up.
Ahrefs is a tool that allows you to research target keywords people are searching on Google and gives you other relevant keyword results and how high they perform on Google. This information can help you determine which keywords are ranking higher, and you can use those to make blog posts that gain traffic to your website. We use it here at Hook and love its ease of use and the amount of data it can give us. It’s an incredible tool! Even better, you can get a $7 dollar, 7 day trial from ahrefs.com to get started. If you want to dedicate a bit of time to do all of your keyword research in those 7 days, you can come up with a pretty hefty list of blog topics and titles to get you going for quite a while: all for the cost of just $7.
Look at Competitors
If your biggest competitors are running blogs, you can take a peek at what they are writing. We definitely don’t condone copying, but you might be inspired when you see their post about “Home Remodeling on a Budget” and one-up them by making a blog post that includes a budget calculator that can help people do the math to figure out their budget based on the project or room. A little healthy competition can be just the thing you need to kickstart a good blog post, and we love to see it!
How to Maintain a Company Blog
We work with a lot of contractors, so we know that running a website, social media, and especially a blog consistently can be a lot to handle. When you’re out busy remodeling homes and planning budgets and meeting with clientele, who has the time to manage your company blog? Well, one way you can maintain it is by front-loading a lot of content and scheduling it out over time, so you have a consistent stream of blogs without having to make sure they’re being written each week (especially in the busy season).
Second, you can utilize freelancers on websites such as word agents, Upwork, and scripted. You can pay per word or per piece written and hire freelance writers who can quickly get it done. All you have to do is give it a look over and publish it on your blog! It saves a ton of time, and you are still getting very valuable content written consistently on your website.
And lastly, you can hire an SEO agency, like us! Hook Agency works with dozens of contractors, and we write both website copy and blog content to ensure that consistent, high-quality SEO content is published regularly. Not only that, but we also handle all of the keyword research and development of all topics and titles, so you don’t have to!
Whether you want to do it yourself, or hire Hook Agency, having a blog is a highly valuable asset to have on your website. It adds further credibility and personality to your remodeling business, connecting with customers and putting a human aspect to your business. When it comes to people’s homes and being creative, that personal connection is vital to starting that relationship off on the right foot.
Watch this quick video to see how savvy businesses save time and hook better leads: