Create a Top-Notch Website
When potential customers need services, many begin by conducting a Google search. That’s why it’s crucial to build a robust, informative, user-friendly, and visually appealing website using search engine optimization (SEO).
Some SEO tips include selecting practical keyword search terms potential customers are likely to use, improving webpage loading times, writing unique titles and descriptions for each website page, making your site mobile-friendly, and more.
To effectively increase your traffic and generate and retain leads, your website should:
- Display your business’ contact information where visitors can’t miss it, including links to your social media platforms.
- Include an “About Us” section that discusses who you are, your business goals, and your services. Describe your business’ history, your background and expertise, and licensing and insurance – if applicable – to gain confidence and trust.
- Include professional photos of past projects highlighting your expertise and high-level quality and service.
- Provide consistently relevant, helpful content that offers practical ideas and solutions for your potential customers. One of the most effective ways to do so is creating blog posts of interest to your audience centered around keyword ideas. Another popular approach to attracting leads is creating “how-to” and other video content. Both will help establish your expertise and translate your increasing leads into paying customers.
- Include genuine customer testimonials since word-of-mouth is often the most effective and reliable free way to consistently obtain leads.
- Take advantage of Google Business’ localized targeting by creating a free business profile to help connect residents in your area with the services you provide. You can include a Google Map with directions, a link to your website, phone number, hours, and customer reviews.
If you’re intimidated at the thought of building your website, consider contacting a web design company or agency to create a high-performing website for you at a reasonable cost.
Establish a Robust Social Media Presence
To create free contractor leads and grow your business, it’s also necessary to establish a strong presence on social media platforms. The good news is that it’s free to create popular social media profiles, including on Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, and more.
Consistently engage potential and current customers through your social media platforms, including posting, connecting, and responding. Yes, time is money. But mainly if you can use free or inexpensive social media automation tools, robust engagement may result in powerful word-of-mouth, consistent new leads, and valuable customer reviews.
Following are just a few of the best automation tools we’ve found to date:
- Later is a free visual marketing platform that helps drive lead traffic, enhance your social content, and enables you to schedule future posts.
- MailChimp is a free automated platform that provides powerful tools for building and managing customer email lists–and helps you integrate with your social media channels.
- IFTTT (meaning “if this, then that”) is a free automation tool that enables your social media platforms to communicate with one another.
Send a Regular Email Newsletter
Sending a regular e-newsletter can be a powerful tool in generating free new contractor leads, helping you stay in touch with your customers and establish your brand. You can also use your e-newsletter to help show your business’ expertise by providing project ideas, helpful tips, and industry trends.
Issuing a regular e-newsletter can also be used to:
- Provide updates about your business, e.g., new products or services.
- Drive additional traffic to your website and social media platforms.
- Offer coupons or special deals.
- Announce sales.
- Conduct surveys to learn more about your customers’ needs.
- Encourage customers to leave reviews on your website.
Get to Know Your Community
Visit local shops, restaurants, and grocery stores, and ask whether you can add your business card to their card displays. Get to know your neighbors at home and local business owners. If they’re working on a project in your area of expertise, make helpful suggestions. They’ll appreciate your knowledge and may realize they need your help as an experienced professional.
By following the tips above, you can easily generate free contractor leads to help make your business even more successful. Be confident, enjoy the process, and know that the time you invest is a small price to pay to increase your bottom line.