Marketing agencies in Chicago are often self proclaimed the ‘best marketing agency in Chicago‘ but may not reach your standard if you’re a client of theirs.
Ways you might think would be a good way to dig into who the best marketing agencies in Chicago really are:
- Peer behind the curtain on Glassdoor (a Company called ‘Chicago Marketing’ gets a big YIKES from their former employees)
- Look at how there website looks, do you want your website too look like that?
- Look at their reviews.
- Look at their rankings on Google with a tool like Ahrefs or Semrush – do you want your website to rank like that?
What if we did all 4 of those FOR YOU – and listed some of the best we found based on those 4 key criteria?
You might think we’re going to LIST OURSELVES, because we do high-end persuasive web design and aggressively help growth-oriented businesses get higher on Google – but I assure you this isn’t a sales pitch! We won’t list ourselves.
We’re just going to give you 5 categories of marketing agencies in Chicago, and give you the best of the best based on the above 4 criteria.
Best Search Engine Optimization Specialists in Chicago:
1. Straight North – Link to website, 4.5 based on 42 Google Reviews, 4 on Glassdoor, 8k Est. Traffic/$55.2k traffic value on Ahrefs.
Impressive lead tracker on the homepage, and insane amount of niche and location landing pages – meaning they are very aggressive on their own SEO – and a ton of clients in HVAC + home services niches as evidenced by Glassdoor reviews. Clearly they have a hefty duty content marketing department, also based on digging into their Glassdoor.
2. Marcel Digital – Link to website, 4.8 Based on 22 Google Reviews, 4.6 on Glassdoor, 1.2k Est. Traffic / $8.3k traffic value on Ahrefs.
In addition to ranking #1 for ‘display advertising services’ and #2 for ‘Chicago internet marketing’, Marcel Digital has an impressive number of reviews referencing long-standing relationships and results. Their Glassdoor reviews reference a boutique environment where you can talk to the CEO.
3. Digital Third Coast – Link to website, 4.6 based on 16 Google Reviews, 4.4 on Glassdoor, 4.5k Est. Traffic / $6.3 traffic value on Ahrefs.
The website is cool, reviews consistently reference clear results, and even the employees on Glassdoor made it sound like they have room in their day – even to get more done, never a bad sign if you’re looking to hire an agency.
Best Web Design Agencies in Chicago:
1. Mabbly – Link to website, 4.6 based on 20 Google reviews, 4 on Glassdoor, 1.1k Est. Traffic/$5.8k traffic value on Ahrefs.
Wildly creative designs, complement a technology and analytics focused team. Positive reviews cite “a beautiful campaign for my coaching company”, and SEO expertise as well. Positive Glassdoor reviews mention a true tribe culture and a fast pace.
2. One Design Company – Link to website, 5 Stars on Google (only 1 review), 5 Stars on Glassdoor, 1.5k traffic, $14.1k traffic value.
I’m really rating this based on the look and feel of their website. Perhaps a newer company based on the lack of reviews – but their social presence, SEO for themselves, and other indicators seem to indicate a mature marketing ability and great taste.
3. Orbit Media – Link to website, 4.9 Stars based on 28 Google Reviews, 4.7 Stars on Glassdoor, 47.1k traffic, $101k! Traffic value.
Frankly, based on the Glassdoor reviews – I want to work there. Steady growth on website traffic – indicating a healthy marketing team, and their reviews are phenomenal. Their messaging indicates 1000+ websites, and an understanding of UX – all good signs.
Best Branding + Advertising Agencies in Chicago
1. Clique Studios – Link to their website, 4.5 Based on 13 Google Reviews, 4.7 on Glassdoor, 2.3k est. traffic and $5.8k traffic value on Ahrefs.
Reviews reference many services including business cards, UX, and even courses. So traditional advertising, as well as digital – Clique studios might be a good choice.
2. Pivot Design – link to their website, 4.0 based on 9 Google Reviews, 3.8 on Glassdoor, 366 est. traffic, $144 Traffic value according to Ahrefs
A woman owned and independent studio, they pride themselves on being ‘starkly different.’ Their reviews reference a talented and hard-working team, and Glassdoor seems to reference a driven leadership team that expects a high caliber of work product.
3. Bounteous – link to their website, 5.0 based on 9 Google Reviews, No Glassdoor reviews, 7.2k est. traffic, $8.5k traffic value according to Ahrefs.
Reviews might be a little thin while looking deeper into them, but the work product looks really good. They seem to serve bigger brands, and have a really high quality look.
Best Paid Ad Management Agencies in Chicago
1. Logical Media Group – Link to website, 5.0 based on 15 Google Reviews, 3.5 on Glassdoor, 569 est. traffic, and $3.5k traffic value according to Ahrefs
Recently they changed their name from Ocean Agency according to reviews, positive reviews referenced customer service.
2. Pilot Digital – Link to website, 4.6 based on 11 Google Reviews, No Glassdoor reviews, 880 est. traffic volume, $775 traffic value
I like that these guys seem to educate clients, according to reviews – lots of certifications for ad management, and lots of detailed explanation of what they do in regards to paid ad management.
3. Straight North and Digital Third Coast again – there is some slim pickins’ or professional looking PPC companies that actually are based in Chicago on the first 5 pages of Google!
Best Video Marketing Agencies in Chicago:
1. Richter Studios – Link to website, 5.0 rating based on 39 Google Reviews, 3.2 on Glassdoor, 2k est. traffic volume, $15.2K estimated traffic value according to Ahrefs
Richter Studios reviews talk about multiples of projects – and they seem to have a lot of ‘raving fans.’ Some rough Glassdoor reviews, so it’s hard to know exactly – but that’s a ton of 5-star Google ratings.
2. Smark Labs – Link to website, 0 Google Reviews, 5.0 on Glassdoor, 200 est. monthly traffic, $1.2k traffic value according to Ahrefs.
Without a lot to go on besides the website and Glassdoor reviews, specializing in B2B – and they seem to have a good work-life balance and are go-with-the-flow.
3. Salvi Media – Link to website, 5.0 Google Reviews based on 20 Reviews, 480 est. traffic and $144 traffic value according to Ahrefs.
Sounds like they know how to translate a vision from clients, are open to last -minute projects, and can handle a lot of different types of work.
A couple last words about the best marketing agencies in Chicago!
“From the outside, looking in – choosing a marketing agency, can be scary!
We know that some marketing agencies – aren’t as transparent as you might like them to be.
I hope this brief introduction to 14 marketing firms, and curation of their reviews and stats is useful to some awesome companies.
Let me know if I can be of service in any other way!”
– Tim, Owner of Hook Agency. E-mail: email@example.com