5 Fast Facts About
- Cody started at Hook as a Lead SEO Specialist
- He is super passionate about music and plays guitar
- He spent 3 months backpacking in New Zealand
- He doesn’t believe in half-assing anything
- He sees keyword research as a treasure hunt for making content that wins!
An interview with Cody Warren:
5. What’s your favorite band / musical group now?
It’s so hard to only pick one, but for the sake of the question, I will. I’ve been listening to a lot of classic rock lately and would have to say Led Zeppelin accounts for the majority of it.
6. What attracted you to doing digital marketing for trades/home services clients originally?
In college, I spent my Summers working for a trade company. The people I worked with are some of the most kind, down to earth, and hard working people I know. I saw the immense value digital marketing could bring them and always had them in the back of my mind while learning digital marketing skills.
7. What’s your weirdest fear?
Ya know, it sounds silly but I am really freaked out by spiders. Even really small ones. I can keep a pretty cool composure on the outside, but on the inside, I am more than likely freaking out.
8. What business person/guru/entrepreneur do you soak up the most from?
I love Marcus Lemonis. He has such great insight on how to run a business in a way the benefits both the owners and their employees. I also enjoy following Elon Musk and hearing all the crazy stuff he is doing with Tesla and Space X. Whenever I think I have a lot on my plate, I think of how busy he is all the time.
9. Gun to your head – what meal would you cook to try to impress someone really important?
Assuming I had the cooking skill to pull it off, I would make some homemade lasagna, garlic bread, and Caesar salad. Unfortunately, I’m not a great cook (yet), so I would probably opt to take them out to eat.
10. What’s the best business advice you’ve ever gotten?
It sounds cliche, but it’s so true: “It’s not a sprint, it’s a Marathon. Pouring out maximum effort for a week or a month is great, but the sustained effort is what wins Business.”