Have this post read to you in a natural voice, so you can do other things:
These 2020 Marketing Statistics – are eye-opening, and honestly, some of them will significantly change the way I spend time and effort for marketing in 2020.
- Online ads are getting more and more competitive, so super persuasive creative, and having a well-defined audience are the first and second top priorities for folks spending hand over fist in this tighter environment.
- Content marketing continues to be a good bet for ROI, but subject matter experts and buy-in will be the keys to ensuring you don’t blend in.
- Several of these stats are original to Hook Agency and were the result of polling 100 marketers, and business owners as they ramped up for their 2020 marketing planning.
5 Quick Stats About Websites
- 70% of Marketers are unsatisfied with their website’s conversion rate. Source: Hook Agency
- Calls convert to revenue 10-15x more often than web leads. Inbound callers have a high purchasing intent, and they’re usually further along in the customer journey than someone who fills out a web form. Source: BIA/Kelsey + Callers convert 30% faster than web leads. People often call because they need to immediate assistance—they don’t have time to fill out a web form and wait around for a response (Source: Forrester).
- 62% of companies polled said they believe a website should be redesigned every 2-3 years. Source: Hook Agency
- 57% of internet users say they won’t recommend a business with a poorly designed website on mobile. Source: SocPub
- 75% of consumers admit to making judgments on a company’s credibility based on the company’s website design – Source: Kinesis
5 Quick Stats About Marketing Budgets
- 48% of companies are spending between 4-10% of their revenue on marketing – Source: Hook Agency
- 50%+ of companies say the highest return on investment activities are search-related – including paid search, SEO and content marketing. Source: Hook Agency
- 44.4% of companies said that their top marketing objective was to increase lead generation. Source: Hook Agency
- 69.7% of people said they were spending less than half of their marketing budgets on digital/online marketing for 2020. Source: Hook Agency
- The average percentage of revenue – that companies spend on marketing is 11.2%. Source: Brafton/Gardner CMO
5 Quick Stats about Content Marketing
- 69% of marketers believe the ideal content length for their website is 200-700 words, despite data-driven analysis that the ideal length to rank #1 on Google is 2,450 words. Source: Hook Agency
- The average blog post is now 1142 words. It’s 41% more than the average length three years ago. Today, to keep your audience engaged, you need to deliver remarkable content. Six times as many bloggers now write 2000+ word articles. Bloggers that write long articles are much more likely to report getting ‘strong results’. – Source: Elite Copywriter
- CMI found that 62% of “most successful” B2B marketers have a content marketing strategy in place and 59% of “most successful” B2C marketers have a strategy in place.
- In spite of the strong connection between documenting a strategy and tasting success, merely 37% of B2B brands and 38% of B2C brands have a documented strategy. Source: Content Marketing Institute
- 84% of people expect brands to produce content that entertains, provides solutions and produces experiences and events. – Source: Meaningful Brands
5 Quick Stats about Paid Ads
- The average cost per action (CPA) is $49 for paid search and $75 for display ads. Source: WordStream
- In a recent study, omnichannel campaigns saw an 18.96% engagement rate, while single-channel saw just a 5.4% engagement rate. Source: ClickZ
- Including a video on your landing page can boost your conversion rate by up to 80%. (Unbounce) and on average, people spend 2.6x more time on pages with video than without. Source: Wistia
- Consumers are 27 times more likely to click on online video ads than standard banners. Source: CMO.com
- 36% of searches on Google are associated with a location. Source: CMO.com
5 Quick Stats about Video Marketing
- “Personalized video is an under-utilized tool and worth testing. From our experience, campaigns frequently generate 50%+ email open rates and 40%+ CTRs. The results speak for themselves.” Jon Mowat – Author and MD of Hurricane.
- The average user will spend 88% more time on a website with video content goes to show that long-form videos can help keep people interested in your message and your brand. Source: Oberlo
- 72% of people preferring to learn about a company via video rather than text. Source: Wyzeowl
- Videos on LinkedIn are 5X more likely to get comments. Source: HootSuite
- Mobile video consumption rises by 100% every year. (Insivia) and by 2022, online videos will make up more than 82% of all consumer internet traffic — 15 times higher than it was in 2017. Source: Cisco
5 Quick Stats about Social Media
- 68% of United States adults are active Facebook users, with over 2.32 billion active monthly users, Facebook remains the most widely used social media platform. Source: Oberlo
- 2hours – 20 Minutes is the average amount of time the average U.S. adult spends on social media and messaging. Source: Oberlo
- Tik Tok was the third most downloaded app in 2019. up to 118 million users, a growth of 70% since Q1 of 2018.
- LinkedIn is responsible for 80% of B2B leads from social media. Source: 99Firms
- InMail on LinkedIn has a 300% higher response rate than e-mail.LinkedIn says that 10 to 25 percent of InMail receives a response. Source: Hootsuite
Wrapping up: Which crazy 2020 marketing statistics will change your strategy?
I’d love it if you have a moment – could you please add to the conversation below in the comments – did any of these statistics change the way you’re thinking about your 2020 marketing campaigns?
Are you shifting your efforts from traditional ‘content is king‘ blogging to video?
Are you waiting for data to come in on LinkedIn ads, or Tik Tok?
I’d love to hear from marketers on what they’re excited about in 2020! Thank you for reading.
Watch this quick video to see how savvy businesses save time and hook better leads: