Manufacturing marketing is maturing fast, and over the years a large chunk of the marketing spend has turned to digital sources to increase the effectiveness and the trackability. But has it paid off? Get the numbers + the satisfaction levels of 100’s of polled manufacturers in multiple studies below!
1. 71% of manufacturing content marketers list lead generation as a top organizational goal.
2. 46% of manufacturing marketers use conversion rates as a metric for content marketing success.
Content Marketing Statistics sourced from a Global Spec study.
3. 98% of manufacturing marketers use some form of paid content promotion.
4. 76% of manufacturing marketers use analytics tools.
5. 58% of manufacturing marketers use website analysis to learn about target audiences. 5.
6. 78% of manufacturing content marketers use some form of inbound marketing.
7. 44% of manufacturing marketers believe that social media will be the most critical tactic to content marketing success in 2017.
8. 92% of manufacturing marketers use email to distribute content.
9. 82% of manufacturing marketers attribute more content creation for an increase in success over last year
10. Only 1% of manufacturing marketers assess their organization’s content marketing maturity level as sophisticated.
11. 85% of manufacturing marketers are currently using content marketing. And of the 15% of nonusers, 53% say they plan to launch a content marketing effort within 12 months. Conversely, 43% had no immediate plans to begin using content marketing, and 3% had used content marketing in the past, but stopped.
12. 67% of manufacturing marketers blame not enough time devoted to content marketing for their stagnant success over the last year.
13. 31% of manufacturing marketers have a documented content marketing strategy.
14. 71% of manufacturing marketers who have a content marketing strategy include a plan to operate content marketing as an ongoing business process, not simply a campaign.
15. Companies in the manufacturing industry spend around 8% of the overall company budget on marketing.
16. 94% of B2B buyers research online before purchasing any business product, according to Acquity Group State of B2B Procurement Study.
Budget Numbers from the Online Marketing Institute’s Infographic.
17. 56% of engineers are already in their second or third stage of the buying process before they even contact the sales team / vendor.
18. Digital marketing can generate 15% more business from existing customers.
19. 80% of brands that use marketing automation have seen a boost in their leads.
20. 77% of marketers have seen an increase in their conversion rate due to successful digital marketing campaigns.
21. Companies save an average of $20k per year by investing more in inbound marketing than traditional marketing.
22. The top marketing goal for manufacturers is brand awareness.
23. The best industrial sites only convert 3% of their traffic using RFQs and contact forms. Target conversion rates are 10% or more.
24. Average conversion rate through search PPC in Adwords for industrials is 2.58%, which is below the overall average of 2.7%.
25. A Forrester study found that using lead nurturing generates 50% more sales for companies at 1/3 of the cost, compared to companies that don’t nurture leads.