Marketing is a crucial part of your remodeling business. However, keeping up-to-date on the latest and greatest marketing tips can be daunting. So, we put together some home remodeling marketing tips to help you take your marketing to the next level.
1. Conduct Market Research
You need to know where you stand in your industry. So, do a quick search for keywords you want to rank for on the major search engines. Then, take a look at the top results. Make a list of the tools, ads, deals, and social media presence of your competition.
You should also check the reviews for your competition. Take note of what they are doing that works and any negative reviews so you can avoid their mistakes.
2. Create and Follow a Marketing Plan
It is essential to develop a marketing plan and follow it. You should use the information you gather from researching your competitors to create an even better model. Your marketing plan should include the following essential components:
- Market research – Include market trends, buying habits, and market growth or decline.
- Your target audience – These are the people most likely to use your services.
- Your current position in the market – Where do you stand in comparison with your competition?
- Your target position – Where do you want to be?
- Competitor comparison – Include what your competitors are doing that works and what they are doing that is not working, their products, and services.
- Marketing strategy – How will you get to your desired position in the market?
- Your budget – You need to list exactly what you are willing to spend on each marketing avenue because it will help you track what does and does not give you a good return on investment (ROI). Use a marketing budget calculator to help create your budget.
- Metrics – You can use Google Analytics to compare what you spent on digital marketing with your budget.
3. Give Customers Information They Need Before They Ask for It
You can attract leads that convert by providing them with the information they value. When a customer searches for an answer to a problem, and they find your business, it helps you to build a connection and trust in your services.
4. Utilize Internet Marketing to the Fullest
The internet has a wealth of leads. However, to receive the best results, you need to utilize several different tools. Here are a few of the things you should do online to increase your brand awareness with potential customers:
- Use SEO both on and off your website.
- Claim your Google Business listing.
- Connect with businesses and customers on social media.
- Post before and after photos of your jobs.
- Maintain a high-quality company blog.
- Run PPC ad campaigns.
5. Ask for Customer Feedback
Reviews are one of the best ways to show potential customers you provide a quality product. Do not be afraid to ask customers to leave you a review. Catch them as soon as you complete their job. You can also utilize a customer satisfaction survey. When you receive positive feedback, ask them to go online and leave you a review.
6. Upgrade Your Website with Powerful Tools
As a small business, website design is crucial. Your site is one of the most powerful tools for attracting and converting customers. However, you need to give people information and features they value. It is excellent if you can include features like a job completion tracker, an online bidding system, and a directory of other businesses they might need to utilize during their remodeling job like lead and asbestos testing consultants.
If you provide as much information on your site as possible to site visitors are more likely to spend time there, which can help you convert them into customers. You can also utilize tools like live chat to answer their questions in realtime.
7. Give Back to the Community
Customers enjoy working with companies that support their community. So, whenever possible, give back. Doing charity projects or supporting local organizations is a great way to promote your business through social media. Plus, many charitable projects are an excellent way to offset taxes you are on the line for at the end of the year.
You can even start your own charity fund and give a percentage of your completed jobs. While the focus should be on the good work you are doing to help others, this is an incredible way to market your services at the same time.
Successful businesses use a combination of marketing tactics to attract customers. However, it is crucial to consider the target market you want to capture. If you use these tools to market to the people who are most likely to purchase your services, you will see positive results.