In our weekly Monday Morning Marketing and Coffee live video, I share the reasons why I think Referrals are so powerful, and ways for getting more systematic referrals on a regular basis. Feel free to see when I’m going live by ‘liking’ Hook Agency on Facebook at https://facebook.com/hookagency
Creating regular systematic approaches to getting referrals
1. Who owns your ideal customers attention?
2. What do those people need more of?
3. How can you help them – and ask for their help in return?
Examples of our referral partners- local luxury magazine, construction back of house/admin company, talking to construction CPA’s … other larger agencies .. we’re creating one page pitches for each scenario as appropriate (convo is best) but good to have backup in case someone can’t be at the convo.
So if you’re a hair stylist – who else in beauty can you talk to, a tanning salon, a massage place, an acupuncturist, a nail place – if your average customer is worth at least $1,300 could you give them $25 for every new referral, and give the referred person a free product for coming to you?
This way you can solidify the referrer in doing this more often since they know their referrals will be taken care of.
What systems can you put in place so referrals are part of your regular habits
- Can you add a calendar event, weekly that suggests you ask your network if they know anyone who needs anything?
- Can you ask happy clients a week after completing a job if they were happy with the work, if they might want to share the love with a friend of theirs?
- Could you set up a custom Mailchimp / mail list for happy clients that sends a gift card offer every 3 months – if they send 2 referrals, and describes your ideal clients?
- Could you make it a point to set take 5-10 people out to lunch on you every month, in an effort to expand your network and general good-will towards the community in an effort to increase your base of personal networking power? (You could also put a reminder to do this in your calendar.)
Get more regular, systematic approaches in place for referrals.
Signing off and –
What’s something about what you do that you love? Try to do more of that this week.
Get a Free Instant SEO Audit
Watch this quick video to see how savvy businesses save time and hook better leads: