We help roofers crush it online, and we have a ton of clients in the roofing industry that trust us, and that we love helping win.
“The standards were set very clearly as far as what our goals were with the project and their knowledge of online platform design and marketing established a clear strategy as to how we would achieve those goals”
“Working with Hook has been great so far! Hook Agency is helping us with building and new website and SEO. Today we had our website design presentation and I was impressed with the design quality and the amount of work Hook has done! Super stoked to be partnering with them now and the time to come!”
Jose Rodriguez Lopez
Red Canyon Roofing
When I was a web designer at another marketing agency, a woman worked with me – she referred me to her roofer friend who needed a website.
We launched a pretty cool website, I also happened to get a 20k promotion at the job – but I didn’t love it.
I wanted our clients to respect us, and I want to get more specialized (we did everything for everyone.)
And so… when I went out on my own, I started to get more and more construction and home services clients, particularly roofers.
Roofers now make up a third of clients and our biggest specialty now is getting them higher on Google.
So you could say SEO for roofing companies is the top specialty for our 15 person team.
I will try to keep this section updated, we are currently offering Roofer SEO for $3,500 – $4,500 a month.
Yes… that’s a lot of money, but so is pissing away money on Home Advisor leads, and garbage lead sources that drive your pricing to the bottom.
What you want is INBOUND LEADS – exclusive leads that you own. You can only do that if you own your marketing, and turn your website into a traffic magnet.
Roofing SEO is not for the faint of heart. If you live in a tiny city, we can get you to the top of the results quickly – but the real clincher is… are their enough people searching in that area to make SEO a high ‘Return on Investment’ activity.
We generally say – 6-9 months for a clear upward trajectory on traffic or 9-12 months for obvious R.O.I.
People who have a domain over a year old.
People who are on WordPress (the most popular website backend system.)
People who have over 500 people on their website monthly already.
People who are willing to scale their staff if business takes off.
People who have 1 hour a month to work collaboratively with their SEO company.
People who believe in digital marketing, and understand that getting higher in Google’s organic search can be a significant revenue driver.
SEO is split into two parts; on-page and off-page. On-page SEO is the technical structure of your web pages, and off-page SEO includes signals like the number of links to a page. We do everything that we can to improve both.
Your on-page SEO is influenced by factors like the structure of your website, the speed of the site, the quality of your content and how your keywords are used in that content. Our first step will be to audit your entire website and decide what improvements can be made.
With off-page SEO we prefer to perform legitimate white hat marketing techniques instead of just link building because this is more sustainable and safer for our clients.
These marketing techniques are designed to get your website featured around the internet using articles that will link back to the pages that you want to rank.
These links signal to Google that your page is popular and credible, encouraging them to rank it higher in the results pages. Our services often double our client’s website traffic and leads – we can share with you our exact methods, send us a message now!
1. Do local directory listings – and make sure you have a consistent name, address and phone number on every single one.
2. Write meta-titles and descriptions for all of your top money-making service pages, and for that matter – make sure they each have their own page.
3. Create videos to explain each of your services, ideally on-location. The ‘time on site’ increase that videos bring, actually helps your site rank higher.
4. Get links back to your site with methods like “guest posting”, which just means writing for other websites and linking back. (we do this for our Roofing SEO clients.)
5. Write 700+ words on each of your main service pages.
6. Get at least 3 giant guides out on the site, and write blogs regularly (we also do this for our clients.)
SEO is just one component of a full-stack roofing marketing plan. I break down marketing well into two key buckets:
1. Brand – You need to have your trucks wrapped, a big sign on your building, and ideally you should be doing events out in the community, involved in local organizations etc. Spreading not only your LOGO, but also your key value proposition far and wide – means sharing what you stand for with your community. The obvious ones being quality, reliability, and customer service – but how are you different as well. Ideally, people associate that difference with your brand and your broader reputation.
2. Lead Generation – Any activity that’s intended to get roofing leads on a rhythmic, regular basis from Thumbtack and HomeAdvisor, to SEO and Pay-Per-Click advertising on Google or Facebook. Think outside the box – but also after you’ve tested numerous ideas, double down hard on what works. This is how and when so many companies come to us – they say, “I already know being high on Google works – we just need help scaling that against our competition.”
BONUS – The best marketing looks a little bit like sales, and the best sales looks a little bit like marketing. Be open to a blended approach to your efforts, and don’t just look at your competition for ideas. Chances are – if they’re already doing it, it may not differentiate you from them at all.
Have this post read to you in a natural voice, so you can do other things: Before you grab a…
Have this post read to you in a natural voice, so you can do other things: Are you a roofer…
Getting your construction company name right is absolutely crucial. Below I’ve given a list of the 125 best construction name…
You need a partner that is aggressive + focused on providing value. Learn More
We get it. Your marketing needs to earn real money and profit. Learn More