Tyler Hanna of 8BitRex Joins us for a radical jamboree of digital marketing discussion and planning for 2019.
Have you gotten your 2019 Digital marketing budget set in stone yet?
Do you know when and how to outsource the stuff that matters?
Do you have the top sources / 3 or 4 revenue generators – from your previous years marketing, and are you ready to double down on them?
If not – it’s time to get serious. Sit down with a cup of hot cocoa, and watch our discussion, or listen on iTunes – or my favorite podcast app: Overcast.
Here are our notes from the chat!
- What are some tools that will help people plan for 2019?
- I’m a fan of the good ‘ole Excel spreadsheet. Write down some year-long goals and break those down into smaller chunks and document it within your Excel doc. Upload that file to your team Dropbox or Drive. SEMrush is also a tool that I use a lot to schedule my agency’s marketing. They have a cool calendar feature that lets you organize and plan for marketing campaigns.
- Why is planning with big goals in mind important?
- In a practical sense, big goals guide you. For example, big goals are like a lighthouse or the north star. If you ever believe you might be getting off-track, re-calibrate using your north star (I.e. your big goals).
- In an idealistic sense, big goals give you something to dream about. For example, MLK’s dream of seeing little black children and little white children playing on the playground together was a big dream. It gave him and the entire civil rights movement the fuel it needed to press onward. Big goals should support your business’ overall vision and mission.
- What is an appropriate marketing budget based on revenue (average?)
- Depending on the size of the company, 5%-10%
How can you get more out of your 2019 marketing budget with outsourcing?
- By being strategic
- By hiring the right contractors/freelancers
- By outsourcing work you’re not good at
Ichat here about my 5 most powerful things to do for marketing in 2019 / article / topic.
- Word of mouth
- Long-form content
- Content marketing
What things should you outsource / vs. hire for?
Watch this quick video to see how savvy businesses save time and hook better leads:
- Things that your business has a core competency in, hire for
- Things that your business does not have a core competency in, outsource