How do I know 2,230 people are searching for your service?
It’s very easy to find how many people are searching – by just typing the ‘Keyword + Location’ into SEMRush, or Ahrefs.com. We use this feature all the time to target people’s pages on their website and you can too!
Why are you hiding from them?
If your website isn’t set up with certain functions, Google will have a hard time knowing what even to serve your site up for when people search!
In a nutshell – that’s what ‘Search Engine Optimization’ is meant to solve.
Here are the 3 things you can do now to make sure your site is more likely to show up:
- If your website is on WordPress, install Yoast SEO – fill out all of the key pages ‘Meta Titles + Descriptions’ using the keywords you found searching on Ahrefs or Semrush
- Make sure you have enough content on each key page (500 words+ is ideal)
- Use the Yoast plugin to de-index any thin or duplicate content on the site – and submit your sitemap to Google, by signing up for Google Search Console and following the instructions to make sure the snippet for tracking is in the <head> tag of your website!
Another huge piece of SEO is getting links from around the web back to your site – A. B. C.
Hire a legitimate SEO company
There are tons of low-end, scammy, bottom-feeder SEO providers.
Here are 3 dead give-aways of a low-end SEO agency:
- They don’t actually want to take the time to understand your business before you sign up with them. SEO is not a cure-all! It’s important to note some niches (like realtors, for instance) are SUPER competitive and SEO isn’t the best option for ongoing marketing services (paid social, and network marketing matter a lot more for that niche.) But in the niches where there is a great fit for SEO – it can be insanely powerful – Roofers, High-end homebuilders, remodelers, and home services providers for instance.
- They don’t make CONTENT MARKETING the center of your SEO campaign. Content is the nucleus of SEO, and content strategy like finding what people are searching most, and what your ideal customers care about – should be the #1 main thing driving your SEO campaign.
- They have an unclear team, or act like SEO is magic. SEO is hard work – and it takes real people to make technical changes to your website design changes to increase the effectiveness of your site’s conversion rate (web designers), create content that actually brings in new customers (writers), and do keyword research as well as on-page SEO (SEO Specialists). If the team you’re hiring doesn’t have people that can do that – ask why. If it’s a single professional doing all of the work, there’s nothing wrong with that – just ask how many clients they have, so that it’s clear what percentage of there time your thousands of dollars a month are getting you.
Send us a message now – if you want to work with a company that actually cares about getting serious results – with a monthly call and visual dashboard where we rhythmically report back on the content written, technical changes made, and the links created back to your site.