Have this post read to you in a natural voice, so you can do other things:
If you’re a contractor that isn’t already on Google Local Service ads, you’re missing out.
Lucky for you though, we wrote this post to get you caught up on all the great opportunities that you’re currently missing out on.
What are Google Local Services Ads?
The great thing about Google Local Services ads is that they help you to get connected with the people that are out there searching for businesses and services like you. When a customer searches for a business like you in your service area, you will show up and be easier for them to find. And a great thing about this too is that you don’t need to pay unless a customer calls you directly through that ad. This gets your business in front of their eyes so they can find you when they need you.
Three reasons why you should sign up for this
1. The first reason you should sign up for Google Local Service ads is that they show up on the top of the Google search results page. More specifically, they will appear on Google search as well as on the local services site for local customers looking for services you offer.
2. They’re super credible and have a nice green trust factor that says “I’m Google guaranteed.” You will be screened and can become a Google Guaranteed provider that will give you a badge for your business. This will give your business more credibility and give customers the confidence they need to choose your business and services.
3. Another great thing about these is that they’re super easy for you to set up. You don’t need to be a tech wizard with a lot of Google experience to be able to do this.
What to do now to sign up for this
1. Be prepared to pick the right email address that you want to set it up with, we recommend using the same email that you are using for your Google My Business and Google Analytics pages
2. One thing you need to do is be ready for some paperwork. Your technicians will need to pass a free (for now) background check that is done through Google’s provider. You will also be required to meet the licensing and insurance requirements that they have. However, this does not apply to all industries in order to participate in local service ads.
Another requirement they ask you to do is notifying the company that performed the background check about any new employees or legal issues that may impact your eligibility. You will also be required to recertify for local services every now and then as well.
3. Be prepared to wait. It takes a bit to set up but, all in all, is super easy, prominent, and is also a great way for contractors to get leads. It is a great online marketing tactic that you can own yourself and make it happen.
Tips for Winning with Google Local Services ads
If you want to get the most out of these, it is important that you do a few things right.
It is crucial that you fill out your application correctly as Google will use the information that you provide in the actual ad you put out and as of now, there is no way for you to edit that on your own. So make sure that you have all your information entered correctly or you will not be able to get the benefits of this great tool.
You are able to manage the ads through both the website and the Google app. Once you are on there, you can turn your ads on and off, adjust your target settings, respond to leads that come in, as well as request reviews from customers whose contact information you have.
When it comes to the support from Google, they’re having many changes to the platform that are being made, so be aware of that when you are getting things set up and going.
How much does this cost?
One of the best things about these ads is that you will only need to pay for the leads that are relative to the services that you offer and the business you receive. The costs may also vary with the type of lead, location, and the job type that is needed. The times where you are going to pay is if you get a message or phone call that comes through the platform.
Another perk you will have is that you won’t have to waste as much time with all those pesky spam calls. If you get a lead that isn’t legit, you have the ability to take it up with Google and possibly even get your money back (never hurts to try!). Another great thing about this payment structure is that you won’t go over your monthly budget, and if you do end up getting leads that go over your budget, they are credited back to you.
Your cost is not going to be difficult to manage. One of the ways you can do this is by making a weekly budget that is based on how many leads you are looking to receive, and track you progress through the app in the payment and charge history section of the app.
As you can see above, there are many great benefits to using Local Google Service ads for your business.
They are easy to use, and while they may take a bit to set up, it is still a fairly easy process and one that is definitely worth doing.
Thank you for reading this! Now go out there and execute!
Watch this quick video to see how savvy businesses save time and hook better leads: