Hook Agency is anti-racism & anti-prejudice against sexual preference and gender identities. We are committed to being more inclusive of less represented groups in the marketing industry, as well as of different mindsets & opinions on the world than the majority.
We are actively striving towards hiring individuals from diverse backgrounds & including those voices in planning and employee development.
💜 🤎 🧡 💛
👑 Extreme Ownership: Take more responsibility & accountability than is necessary
💪🏿 Get Shit Done: Prioritize what’s important & execute with urgency
💥 Scrappy: Grit. Just f’ing Google it! Ask for forgiveness, not permission.
Benefits & Perks:
😍 A culture of encouraging each other
👩🏽⚕️ Health + Dental insurance
🏥 We cover a portion of health insurance premiums
🧠 We contribute $ towards mental health counseling
🏠 Hybrid work model with 2 days a week remote
📚 We pay for at least one course per quarter
💎 Clear goals + supportive accountability to meet them
🧀 Culture things like Cheese Club, DEI Committee + social events
🏋🏻♂️ Professional development opportunities
🏝 Unlimited Paid Time Off
🗣 Keynote speakers on personal + professional development topics
♻️ Bi-Weekly 1on1’s with leader
⚡️ 90-Day check-ins with company owners
☕️ Coffee, snacks, beer, wine, etc. kept in stock
🍾 Champagne pops for website launches + celebrations
The candidate for this role should be a proficient Front-end Developer with experience in several coding languages and the latest SEO development tools. In this role, you will perform regular audits, solve Technical SEO issues (optimizing for Core Web Vitals, indexing, identifying/fixing broken pages, etc.), perform preventative maintenance + security tasks, and ensure web pages + website structures are in line with SEO best practices. The start date for this position is after January 1, 2024.
What we’re looking for:
- A self-leader who is adept at managing your capacity + prioritizing your work
- But also (and very importantly) someone who is highly communicative + keeps the team up to date on the work you’re doing, that affects their work
- 2+ years experience in WordPress theme customization + development
- 2+ years of Technical SEO experience
- Experience improving site security + making Web/SEO optimizations
- Experience using: Main WP, Google Search Console, and especially Rankmath, Ahrefs + Screaming Frog
- Familiarity with WP Rocket + PerfMatters is preferred, but not required
What you’ll be doing:
- Conduct weekly site checks + optimizations on client websites
- Take ownership of receiving + resolving incoming client tickets
- Be the first point of contact for client website crashes/issues
- Make optimizations within theme files
- Conduct regular site crawls + analyze issues to identify areas for improvement in our design + development processes, inline with current SEO best practices
- Implement security best practices on all client sites
Basically, we’re looking for someone who has a good mix of Development + Technical SEO experience and is looking for a role they can make their own, enjoy a considerable amount of autonomy in, and still have a healthy level of team collaboration.
Well, what do you think?
Ready to do this? Here’s our hiring process:
1. Click the link below + send in your resume
2. Phone screen
3. Two in-person interviews
4. If it’s a good fit on both ends, we’ll send you an offer
5. Come work with the coolest 28-person team in the Twin Cities⚡️
Lastly, we are a small company and will take the time to find the right fit. Just know that all of us at Hook Agency come from different backgrounds. Many of us were told we didn’t have the resume skills, experience, or accolades to even be considered for marketing jobs. We use that as a (positive) chip on our shoulders and have made it our commitment to look at every candidate’s ability, character, and spirit & not judge them based on their past, labels, or identity. Even if you don’t end up working here, we’d be honored to help you along your journey.