We are currently looking for a SEO Writer here at Hook Agency. We are looking for the right fit – and will wait for the right person!
We mainly do writing for businesses in the construction and home services industries.
You will need to know about how to research in different verticals quickly, and write about a wide array of subjects in a useful, entertaining and valuable way for blog readers as well as be able to write persuasively on landing pages.
The difference between regular editorial writing and SEO-focused writing, is that you may often be distilling resources from other existing content, writing about 10-20 different subjects a week – and you have to be prepared to write A LOT – though we like to think of our team as pretty fun, with a lot of freedom to define what your working on hour to hour and drive the culture and grow with our company.
If you’re still here there’s a chance you’re excited about this opportunity. Hey, odds are we’re even more excited 🙂 We should touch on culture for a second. We’re a very positive and supportive bunch. Maybe too positive and supportive…is that thing? You’re right, it’s not. Check out our culture page for more on that. Back to the job stuff.
- Write quickly, and efficiently in a persuasive manner
- Understand of the strategic use of content in marketing
- Ability to distill research
- Ability to pivot in different niches quickly (Construction being a primary one.)
- Be focused and hard-working
- Show up to work 4 out 5 days (one day work from home if you want.)
- Work 40 hours a week.
- Ability to work as part of the team on content strategy, though most of the time will be spent hunkered down cranking out content.
- Be a self starter – constantly be looking for the next way to add value for clients.
- Owner’s Mindset – being a self-starter and having a hunger and eagerness to improve professionally and personally, you aren’t frivolous, but understand each dollar spent on marketing should yield 5-10x in return.
- Fun Under Pressure – You don’t get frazzled easily, you push into challenges and get excited to conquer something new.
- Get Shit Done – While others are theorizing, we’ve already done it, and are onto the next experiment. We go fast, break stuff, rebuild it, and learn a metric ton in the process.
- Be nice 🙂 – life is short. We work hard but we celebrate each other a lot and enjoy ourselves at work.
😍 A culture of encouraging each other (with things like pat on the back slips, and motivation)
👩⚕️ Health insurance
🏠 2 Days a Week Remote
📚 Company pays for at-least one course a quarter
💎 Clear goals every quarter + week
🧀 Culture things like cheese club + social events (when possible)
🧠 We contribute $ towards mental health counseling.
🏋🏻♂️ Bi-weekly Mini-trainings
🏝 Unlimited Paid Time Off
💸 401K Match option in 2022
🗣 Bring in speakers on personal development topics
♻️ Weekly 1on1’s with direct manager
⚡️90-Day check-in’s with company owners
☕️ Coffee, Red Bull, Snacks, Beer, Wine etc.
🍾 Lots of Champagne pops (for website launches and big wins)
Lastly, we are a small company and will take the time to find the right fit for us. Just know that all of us at Hook Agency come from different backgrounds. Many of us were told we don’t have the resume, experience, or accolades to be even considered for marketing jobs. We use that as a chip on our shoulders and have made it our duty to look at every single candidate’s ability, character, and spirit and not judge them based on their past, labels, or identity. Even if you don’t work here, we’d be honored to do anything we can to help you along your journey.