This position is a hybrid work model – please do not apply if you aren’t able to work in our Minneapolis office at least 3 days a week!
Help us with the busywork of coordinating marketing + design efforts with various vendors, and ensure everything is getting done on a rhythmic weekly basis. A great fit will be a wildly productive individual who loves moving fast and being part of a winning team!
This role will work directly with the Chief Revenue Officer and the CEO of the company (who currently runs marketing), and will develop into a Marketing Manager position after approximately one year.
We are a small company and will take the time to find the right cultural fit for us. Just know that all of us at Hook Agency come from different backgrounds. We have made it our duty to look at every single candidate’s ability, character, and spirit and not judge them based on their past, labels, or identity. Even if you don’t work here, we’d be honored to do anything we can to help you along your journey.
- This person will answer phones for at least one year (it’s a great way to learn about Hook + our clients). If this is a deal breaker for you, please do not apply!
- Social media savvy, copywriting, solid experience with reels/TikTok, stories, and memes
- Design taste and experience in Photoshop, Illustrator and other programs
- Gathering info from internal teams, designing, and promoting case studies
- Ensuring our Content Blitz system is always running with writing + video contractors for most of it, maintaining that system and elevating it (21 short form videos, 2 YouTube’s, 3 blogs out each wk)
- Helping find ways to get more reviews, and share them with the world
- A solid understanding of marketing (someone who “gets it”)
- Experience developing marketing strategy and driving serious leads
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Graphic Design ability + taste
- WordPress content entry and basic editing
- Ability to delegate, coordinate, and hold outside vendors and contractors accountable
- Persuasive copywriting
- Social media skills, including short form video experience (bonus points for any viral videos you’ve created + can share with us)
- Nice to have: Video editing with Premiere Pro
- Nice to have: Creativity about weird campaigns that capture people’s imaginations + boost engagement (examples: we’ve made a Hook hot sauce, a Hook cologne, and just finished running a jingle contest) 🎶
👑 Extreme Ownership – Act like it’s your business and take accountability.
💎 Thrives Under Pressure – Run towards problems. When there’s a lot of stuff to do, go harder, not make it other people’s problem.
✅ Get Shit Done – Prioritize and execute with urgency.
🧠 Scrappy – Grit, ‘Just f-in’ Google it’, and ask for forgiveness, not permission.
💪 Exuding Confidence – As you get awesome, advocate for yourself, your work and your team.
😍 A culture of encouraging each other (with things like pat on the backs and continual support + motivation)
👩⚕️ We contribute toward your health insurance premium
🏠 2 days a week remote
📚 We pay for at-least one course a quarter
💎 Clear weekly + quarterly goals
🧀 Culture things like cheese club, DEI Committee + social events
🧠 We contribute $ towards mental health counseling
🏋🏻♂️ Bi-weekly mini-trainings
🏝 Unlimited PTO (minimum 17 days off a year)
🗣 Keynote speakers on personal development topics
♻️ Weekly 1on1’s with your direct manager
⚡️ 90-Day check-in’s with the company owners
☕️ Coffee, snacks, beer, wine etc.
🍾 Lots of champagne pops (for website launches and big wins)
💸 We match 4% towards 401k
📝 Clear + written path for professional development