Hook Agency is anti-racism & anti-prejudice against sexual orientation and gender identities. We are committed to being more inclusive of less represented groups in the marketing industry, as well as of different mindsets & opinions on the world than the majority.
We are actively striving towards hiring individuals from diverse backgrounds & including those voices in planning and employee development.
💜 🤎 🧡 💛
👑 Extreme Ownership: Take more responsibility & accountability than is necessary
💪🏿 Get Shit Done: Prioritize what’s important & execute with urgency
💥 Scrappy: Grit. Just f’ing Google it! Ask for forgiveness, not permission.
Benefits & Perks:
😍 A culture of encouraging each other
👩🏽⚕️ Health + Dental insurance
🏥 We cover a portion of health insurance premiums
🧠 We contribute $ towards mental health counseling
🏠 Hybrid work model with 2 days a week remote
📚 We pay for at least one course per quarter
💎 Clear goals + supportive accountability to meet them
🧀 Culture things like Cheese Club, DEI Committee + social events
🏋🏻♂️ Professional Development opportunities
🏝 Unlimited Paid Time Off
🗣 Keynote speakers on personal + professional development topics
♻️ Bi-Weekly 1on1’s with leader
⚡️ 90-Day check-ins with company owners
☕️ Coffee, snacks, beer, wine, etc. kept in stock
🍾 Champagne pops for website launches + celebrations
The candidate for this role should have a minimum of 2 years experience working in Google Ads with a focus on lead generation and conversions, preferably within the home services space. While previous leadership experience is great, what we’re really looking for is someone with leadership potential who can gradually move into leading the PPC team (ideally within one year). This is a hybrid role, so the ability to work in our North Loop Minneapolis office 3 days per week is required (we currently do not offer relocation assistance).
The compensation for this position is an annual base salary of $70,000 – 85,000, depending on experience, in addition to a recurring, performance-based incentive pay.
What we’re looking for:
- 2+ years of Google Ads experience, preferably with a focus on lead generation (our “sweet spot” is 2 – 4 years, but we are open to talking to any candidate who seems like a good fit)
- Experience working with small businesses is preferred (bonus if you have experience working with contractors, roofers, etc.!)
- Leadership experience is a plus, but we are more focused on finding someone with leadership potential
- Ability to give and receive productive feedback
- Be able to communicate strategy and client results to the Account Management team
- Stellar organization + time/project management skills
- Core Values alignment: Read our core values! If those don’t resonate with you, this probably isn’t a great fit
- Previous office/agency experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Be responsible for <$100k of ad spend
- Collaborate with the Lead Strategist + COO to analyze account performance + identify potential strategy areas for opportunity
- Regularly check-in with the junior Technicians to answer questions + assess their growth, and provide that feedback to the Lead Strategist
- Audit 2 junior Technician accounts per week
- Assist in the training of junior Technicians
- Perform QC on report briefs
- Create client report briefs on your assigned clients
- Month 3: Begin participating in Ops Level 10 meetings (with department leaders)
- Month 6: Begin taking on some leadership responsibilities
- Based on performance, ideally by month 12: Transition into the Lead PPC Strategist role and begin owning all PPC client strategy + results, as well as the mentorship + leadership responsibilities consistent with that role
Basically, we’re looking for someone who is comfortable managing multiple paid ads accounts and will treat our client’s money like it’s their own, while continually leveling up and learning how to be a dynamic leader. While we fully encourage our employees to consistently look for ways to improve our processes, we ask that this person commits to learning Hook’s process for at least 3 – 6 months before making changes.
Well, what do you think?
Ready to do this? Here’s our hiring process:
1. Click the link below + send in your resume
2. Phone screen
3. Two in-person interviews
4. If it’s a good fit on both ends, we’ll send you an offer
5. Come work with the coolest 28-person team in the Twin Cities⚡️
Lastly, we are a small company and will take the time to find the right fit. Just know that all of us at Hook Agency come from different backgrounds. Many of us were told we didn’t have the resume skills, experience, or accolades to even be considered for marketing jobs. We use that as a (positive) chip on our shoulders and have made it our commitment to look at every candidate’s ability, character, and spirit & not judge them based on their past, labels, or identity. Even if you don’t end up working here, we’d be honored to help you along your journey.