*Currently only accepting applications for people living in Minnesota or willing to move here.*
Hook Agency is anti-racism and anti-prejudice against sexual orientation and gender identities. We are committed to being more inclusive of less represented groups in the marketing industry and of different mindsets and opinions on the world than the majority. We are actively striving towards hiring people from different backgrounds and including those voices in company planning and employee development.
Are you a highly-driven, design leader with great communication skills?
Do you LOVE working with other designers, creating aesthetic things, and driving leads for small businesses?
You might be the exact bad-ass we’re looking for if you:
- Can work within an existing system of design – built for contractors that drives leads – and can help us improve that system
- Love helping other designers improve their work, and will help motivate them and work toward their dreams
- Are great at communicating WHY certain design decisions are made
- Are humble enough to have ‘strong opinions, lightly held’ when appropriate
Our core values are ‘Owners Mindset’, ‘Fun Under Pressure’, and ‘Get Shit Done.’
If those resonate with you, and you love web design – chances are, we want to chat.
You know what’s fun? Being part of a winning team.
The Hook Agency team is on a roll, and we’d love to have another motivated, passionate professional to join us as an Art Director / Web Designer. We’re not in a rush – and we’ll take the time we need to find a great fit for this role.
Well, what do you think?
Want to have a brief conversation about it?
1. Click the link below, + send in your resume.
2. If appropriate – we’d send a link to set up a brief 20-Minute Intro call
3. In-person interview with potential colleagues.
4. One more interview with the owner + a few more potential teammates.
5. If it’s a good fit, we’ll extend an offer.
6. Come work with one of the coolest 20 people teams in the Twin Cities (we’re 3 days in office – 2 days remote, once you’re all trained in.)
- Owner’s Mindset – We rarely say “it’s not my job”, we take extreme ownership. We push for the best outcome. like we owned the company we’re working on.
- Get Shit Done – We pride ourselves on getting more real shit done than your average marketing company. Work smarter + harder is our mindset.
- Fun Under Pressure – We are finding ways to make work fun, not just when stuff is perfect. We relish challenges, and believe difficult stuff makes us better.
😍 A culture of encouraging each other
🏠 2 days a week remote, if you want.
📚 We pay for at least one course a quarter
💎 Clear quarterly + weekly goals
🧀 Culture things like cheese club + social events (when possible)
🧠 We contribute $ towards mental health counseling.
👩🏽⚕️ We contribute towards Health insurance
🏋🏻 Bi-weekly mini trainings
🏝 Minimum 15 days Paid Time Off
💸 401K Match option in 2022
🗣 Speakers on personal development topics
🗓 Weekly or bi-weekly 1 on 1’s with your direct manager
⚡️90-Day check-ins with a company owner and your team lead.
☕️ Coffee, Red Bull, La Croix, snacks, beer, wine etc. on us
🍾 Lots of Champagne pops (for website launches and big wins)
Lastly, we are a small company and will take the time to find the right fit for us. Just know that all of us at Hook Agency come from different backgrounds. Many of us were told we don’t have the resume, experience, or accolades to be even considered for marketing jobs. We use that as a chip on our shoulders and have made it our duty to look at every single candidate’s ability, character, and spirit and not judge them based on their past, labels, or identity. Even if you don’t work here, we’d be honored to do anything we can to help you along your journey.